Our son has been identified as Gifted ( 133 on the WPPSI - IV) and placed at the 99th percentile. We are navigating the waters of giftedness and feel so lost with the abundance of materials out there. Can anyone provide some insight into my questions below:

1)School: He started Kindergarten in a private school recently. Though it is a very reputed school in the city , I was amazed that the teacher did not know about Mensa ( of which my son is a member)and the principal claimed most of his kids do so well at reading& math that 25% of his school can be called gifted as he thinks most kids are gifted and the school has no TAG program. I am comforted by the fact that the school groups kids based on their ability for both reading and math and teaches them accordingly and the reviews for the school are great from ALL the parents ( though none talked about giftedness). How will I know the school is doing the best for my son? What should I look for?

2) What else should I be doing to help my son? Below are a few educational things we are currently doing:
- Nature walks and trips to the museum of science and nature, library, children's museum.
- Reading books on various topics ( geography, science, story books etc)
- Teaching him math ( EPGY), music, reading etc at home to aid what he is doing in school.

I am constantly worrying if I am doing enough for him. So any responses to above will help.

Thanks a ton!!!!