Thank you so much for the advice - it is so helpful!! Aeh, your school district is very fortunate to have you! I do not know anyone who has had an assessment at this school. The school is a magnet school within a home school in a low SES area, which is why there was room to accommodate the gate classes. The city is generally high SES and this school is the outlier. I imagine most of the evaluations done by the school psychologist are for kids who are struggling as the magnet kids need to be high achieving to be accepted. Which is why I am kind of nervous about the school psychologist testing him, but that's probably just my ignorance. I think we will go this route like you all suggested. Or should I go to our previous tester to get just the WISC only?

Puffin, yes everyone assumes my DS is gate identified, but unfortunately he is not. This magnet school is open to GATE and high achieving students. In order to be accepted they look at report cards, teacher recs and test results from a nonverbal test, at the time of his acceptance they used the Raven Matrix.
I am sure he did very well on that nonverbal test as he scored highly on that at the Autism assessment. It is very competitive to get in, with only a handful of spots in the upper grades. The problem with DS is that he was checked out at his home school in 2nd grade and would test inconsistently, which would drive me crazy. Language arts was very advanced but not as strong in mathematics which is why he wasn't identified for further GATE testing. However, he knew all the math material. Plus GATE indentification testing in out area doesn't amount to much, mostly the OLSAT and the naglieri nonverbal.

Aeh, thank you again for all the testing info. You are so generous to share your knowledge with us!