Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 186 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    OP Offline
    Hahaha, I'm assuming GF stands for grandfather in your post. That's what my husband's about to do, kick him out! My husband tends to rely too much on "because I said so", that will not do for GS. You better lay out your reasoning and build your case if you want GS to believe it. GS argue his point quite well, and even if you're on the same side you better be able to handle a good discussion of the topics!

I checked online last night to see if there were going to be any presidential candidates stopping in our area. I figured I'd take him to a speech from either candidate at this point, just to feed his interest in politics. I didn't find anything, but did see on the news that Obama is coming to the area but all the tickets were handed out within an hour.

Maybe I'll check to see who's running at a local level and have him get involved with some of the work behind local campaigns.

Local politics are good, I think. He'd have a much better chance to actually make connections with the cadidates and actually make a difference.

I always wrinkle up my nose at people who only vote in presidential elections. It's at the local level that you can actually have an effect.

(But I'm preaching to the choir, obviously. Sorry to just rant!)

Kriston
    Good for you OMA! That's so nice that you are willing to do that for GS. Especially after you mentioning that you wanted to take a break from that stuff for awhile.
    The things we do for our kids.......grandkids......

Originally Posted by OHGrandma
    Hahaha, I'm assuming GF stands for grandfather in your post.

Yes, its grandfather. My maternal uncle was openly gay and campaigned for Goldwater and Reagan. The rest of the family was even weirder than that. Needless to say, it got very interesting every other Fall.

BO is staging some pretty large events for which they pay for the venue and then build interest locally prior to the event, so unless you are plugged in to the campaign, you will miss out. JM has been ( or was ) doing more Townhall type things where he piggybacks on already planned events. If you join both's websites, you can then get news of local events.

I think CSPAN will carry both conventions live or semi-live.

This site is pretty good aggregator. Lots of GOOD commentary from both sides. Tell the kid that the polls lie and are to be taken with a grain of salt!!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Last edited by Austin; 07/14/08 11:12 AM.
    Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM