Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 210 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    OP Offline
    I don't think I'm going to make it until November. crazy GS8 is very vocal about who he thinks we should vote for. He gives detailed reasons for and against each candidate. I have not told him who I'm voting for or my political views specifically about each candidate. He happens to hold similar views as I, but he's driving me crazy!

Maybe he needs an outlet--besides you!--for his political views?

Could you come up with a project for him? Or maybe even put him in touch with the campaign of his choice to support them in some fashion? Something that you could help him with, since you are similarly politically inclined? Stuffing envelopes or something?

I just hope he's in fovor of the candidate I like! wink

Kriston
    OP Offline
    That's a good idea, except I had my fill of politics serving on a county mental health board about 6 years ago.

I think I will check around for some political activities for youths.

*edited to add: I specifically left it ambiguous as to our political bent, I don't want to go there! Kriston, I know you were having fun, that's OK.

Last edited by OHGrandma; 07/10/08 05:47 PM.
    Let's start grooming him to take over the presidency in '28. We need a smart presidential candidate in the hopper.

OP Offline
    He'll have to wait until '36 to meet the age requirement smile

No, we'll just file litigation proposing ageism!

All we have to do is demonstrate mental age above 36 at the time.

Piece of cake! whistle

Last edited by incogneato; 07/10/08 06:16 PM. Reason: clarification
    Originally Posted by OHGrandma
    *edited to add: I specifically left it ambiguous as to our political bent, I don't want to go there!

And *very wisely*, too, I might add!

Yes, I definitely prefer a little mystery in that particular arena! laugh

Kriston
    L
    L
    Sounds similar to my kid. My 10 year old is trying to talk me into buying the PC games Democracy II and President Forever 2008 + Primaries.

He has always gone with me to vote and he used to try to talk me into changing my vote when I didn't agree with him. The last time I went to vote, they remembered him and reminded him that he couldn't say anything while I was voting or he would have to stay outside.

OP Offline
    Originally Posted by Lori H.
    Sounds similar to my kid. My 10 year old is trying to talk me into buying the PC games Democracy II and President Forever 2008 + Primaries.

He has always gone with me to vote and he used to try to talk me into changing my vote when I didn't agree with him. The last time I went to vote, they remembered him and reminded him that he couldn't say anything while I was voting or he would have to stay outside.

GS8 has gone with me the last 3 years, but they encourage him! One old guy remembers him each time and tries to sign him up to vote, joking of course.

Originally Posted by OHGrandma
    I don't think I'm going to make it until November. crazy GS8 is very vocal about who he thinks we should vote for. He gives detailed reasons for and against each candidate. I have not told him who I'm voting for or my political views specifically about each candidate. He happens to hold similar views as I, but he's driving me crazy!

LOL!

When I was about the same age I worked on a Presidential political campaign by handing out literature and going door to door and attending the caucus. I made up some campaign slogans and some doggerels which are still pretty funny. I stayed up late for days to watch the coverage of the national conventions/returns and read all the magazines and newspapers on the race.

The next race I argued with my adult relatives about politics and wrote letters to the editor. My GF kicked me out of the house on election night because I would not shut up!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM