Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 99 guests, and 25 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 102 of 131 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 130 131
    M
    M
    I love reading updates about your DS. It's almost like I'm getting news about a nephew who lives far away. smile

A
    A
    Originally Posted by Mana
    I love reading updates about your DS. It's almost like I'm getting news about a nephew who lives far away. smile

Aww! What a wonderful way to put it, Mana! smile

I feel similarly about your daughter. It's a real pleasure to hear about her development through your posts!

What is to give light must endure burning.
    F
    F

I second that! Every time you mention your son's age I always jump a little -- I always picture him around three but not so much anymore! smile Such lovely stories too -- always something interesting going on!

A
    A
    Originally Posted by FruityDragons

I second that! Every time you mention your son's age I always jump a little -- I always picture him around three but not so much anymore! smile Such lovely stories too -- always something interesting going on!

Thanks FruityDragons! Hugs all around! smile

He feels somewhat ageless to me, honestly. He looks 6, feels very much like an old soul, yet has his fair share of moments to be his age. It's as though he's straddling childhood and adulthood, capturing the best that both have to offer.

G
    G
    Originally Posted by aquinas
    He feels somewhat ageless to me, honestly....It's as though he's straddling childhood and adulthood, capturing the best that both have to offer.
    I can so relate to this! DS is turning out to be quite the philosopher and says the most mind blowing things... yet still wants me to wrestle with him on his bed in the mornings. Definitely the best of both worlds. smile

E
    E
    Originally Posted by Mana
    Originally Posted by eyreapparent
    Mana,

Ha! This post made my morning. We've got a budding Anne with an e at our house too. We took a family vacation to PEI this summer. The other day DD6 said, "You know mom, you're kinda like Marilla. Sometimes she's tough but really she's nice."

And here I was thinking my whole life that I was Anne. At least she didn't call me Mrs. Lind.

I have not been to PEI and it's on my bucket list. Did your family enjoy the trip?

I'm afraid on DD thinks of me as her Diana on good days and Mrs. Lind on bad days.

Yes! Absolutely loved PEI and would go back in a heart beat. The people were so friendly and the scenery was breathtaking. The kids (DD2 and DD6) had a blast. I recommend renting a car if you can. The island is small and the roads well marked so it's easy to navigate. We did all of the Anne related sites and went to several beaches. It was amazing how different all of the beaches were - no two were a like. We also visited a lot of the historical sites, lighthouses and the confederation bridge. These were great because the interpreters at the sites took the time to talk with DD6 and answer her questions, so she learned a lot on the trip. It was very rural and the pace of life there was very relaxed. PEI had been on my bucket list since I was a child and it did not disappoint. If you ever decide to go, let me know, I can recommend some of the lighthouses and beaches we went to.

ETA: Wanted to add that if you're outdoorsy, PEI is fantastic. Lots of places to camp, rent bikes. There are also whale watching tours. Okay I'll stop gushing now. PEI tourism should hire me.

Last edited by eyreapparent; 10/11/15 04:50 AM.
    M
    M
    Oh, I so wish you'd have taken us with you! I would love to go but for now, watching the DVD would have to do for me for now. My dream is to stay in a lovely B & B, eat picnic lunch, and indulge in afternoon tea. I think I could happily retire on PEI.

Montgomery's books were a big part of my childhood and I hope they'll become DD's as well. As recently as this summer, whenever I took her to the book store, only the book she showed any interests was Plants vs. Zombies: Official Guide to Protecting Your Brains but thankfully, she has grown out of that phase and is devouring any books she can get her hands on. Still, I might hold off introducing her to the first book until she is 7 or so.

C
    C
    Originally Posted by Portia
    I love these. Thought I'd share one today...

DS8 had to create his own version of the Bill of Rights. First on his list...

"Everyone has the right to learn whichever way they want."

What a novel, and wonderful, idea!

C
    C
    YDS5 last night, on the topic of small details and differences in praying mantis types: "I'm just going to ask ODS9. He knows everything. Daddy just knows some things."

When it comes to facts, he's not far off. ODS is a walking fact book.

A
    A
    DS seemed lethargic and warm a few days ago. I asked him how he was feeling. He answered, "I'm a pony," then wiggled into a lump on the floor.

I stared at him incredulously, exasperated. He often doesn't answer questions, or gives answers that seem (to me, at least) disconnected from the discussion at hand.

He noticed me waiting and said, "I'm a little hoarse," in what was, admittedly, a gravelly voice, his eyes twinkling.

Okay, kiddo, well played. Thankfully he got over the cold in a little over a day.

Page 102 of 131 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 130 131

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Detracking
    by indigo - 03/16/24 08:23 PM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by lll - 03/07/24 06:51 PM
    Chicago suburbs - private VS public schools
    by lll - 03/03/24 10:14 AM
    Patents and Trademarks and Rights, oh my...!
    by indigo - 03/02/24 01:03 PM
    529 savings for private high school?
    by lululo4321 - 02/27/24 05:28 PM