Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #191992 05/22/14 08:00 AM
    OP Offline
    I'm beyond fed up and I'm biting the bullet and going in to talk to the school today. I absolutely hate feeling like no matter what happens or how cordial we are there will be negative consequences with the daughter we are meeting about or with the other daughter (who isn't even involved but will have the same teacher we are having issues with).

I know if we don't do this now it will just get harder, so we might as well jump in with both feet and get it over with.

Please send us good vibes and wish us luck (and if you pray, please pray that I can hold it together)!!!!!

D
    D
    Oy. Is there a history of abusive behavior or retribution?

All good vibes your way.

K
    KJP Offline
    K
    Wishing you the best. Just repeat "I will not use profanity or resort to physical violence" smile

OP Offline
    Thanks DeeDee (yes this teacher has been a thorn in our collective side the last couple years) and KJP (I got a bit loud and confrontational, but kept it clean - barely!)!

Of course the meeting did not go as well as planned (imagine that, right?). The teacher talked circles around herself trying to explain her reasoning. Most of what she said made no sense and we just got tired of trying to rationalize with her and threw up our hands. Talking to her basically clenched my opinion that she is spiteful and she is a blithering idiot (again, my opinion).

The only good thing we got out of it is that we now understand we have got to come up with a very specific list of things we want for our daughters starting next year and if we don't make these specific requests it is never going to happen. We also now understand that we are going to be the trail blazers for any other gifted students that follow and if our school district won't bend a little to accommodate or try some new things that haven't been tried before we will have to make some really tough decisions.

Thank goodness we have a few months to digest all this and get our game plan ready!

Last edited by 1frugalmom; 05/22/14 09:06 PM. Reason: additional comment
    M
    M
    oh dear... I'm so sorry that you had that ridiculously frustrating meeting frown They always leave one seething and angry.

Best of luck for getting everything ready for next year

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM