Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 41 of 102 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 101 102
    C
    C
    Your DD10 won't play "truth or dare" unless DD8 calls it "interrogation or humiliation"

N
    N
    ...you find an abacus in your seven year-old son's bed.

A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Goodness, can I just say it's wonderful to see a snippet of how everyone's children think here. The irreverence and insight are heartwarming (and often bloody hilarious!)

What is to give light must endure burning.
    C
    C
    When you see your gifted DD9 with other gifted kids her age and realize she is playing pretend like any other kid (which is wonderful!) but then you listen in to what they are playing and they are pretending that they are colonizing another planet and they are trying to decide what types of people they are going to need. As in Doctors, teachers, farmers, and that kind of thing.

Cassie

"Imperfections in our journey were what made it perfect."-Ewan McGregor
    B
    B
    When your DS6 starts a sentence with 'In my opinion...' and delights in using as many large adjectives as possible...but only at home. And when asked by his teacher if he is going to let a grasshopper go, tells her he would prefer to take it home and pin it out as he loves the 'intricate patterning that reminds him of Aboriginal art on its wings'...

I
    Ivy Offline
    I
    Uncommon gift requests:

Turning 3: a skeleton (pronounced "ska-a-ten") -- after seeing the 'visible woman' model at the store -- and glow in the dark paint for the organs

Turning 5: an orrery (received a basic model but was disappointed that it couldn't be calibrated for exact orbits)

Turning 8: a literally thousand dollar wishlist from Think Geek (she got a power symbol shirt, a set of petri dishes, and a microscope)

Turning 10: her own camera and a week of TAG camp

(of course additional requests included art supplies, a bicycle, clothes, an mp3 player, and other more typical things)

Originally Posted by aquinas
    Goodness, can I just say it's wonderful to see a snippet of how everyone's children think here. The irreverence and insight are heartwarming (and often bloody hilarious!)

I love reading this thread! smile

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
    K
    K
    These are so entertaining!

One of my favorites (there are so many)...

When my DS6 was 2 years old, as we passed a NH farm stand, "Mumma, would a scarecrow frighten a peacock also?"

K
    K
    I told the kids we were going to make homemade playdough and that they could choose which color they wanted to make. DS3 requested "apricot" and DS7 requested "chartreuse." I don't think twice when they request colors like this but my mom friends think we're a little weird. Ha!

D
    D
    My DS came home from kindergarten a few weeks ago and said that some kids were saying that God created the universe. He was shocked. He promptly told them about the Big Bang, in detail, and how essentially, to make it simple for them, we are all made from the particles of stars. He said he was about to talk more about atoms when the teacher interrupted them. After he told me this I asked him if he believes in anything. He looked at me like I was crazy and he said, "Fairies, of course!" Welcome to my land of asynchrony!
    There was also an email following this informing us parents that children should keep their religious or non religious comments out of the classroom. wink

Page 41 of 102 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 101 102

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM