Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 321 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    OP Offline
    I've been doing a lot of reading about giftedness (casually but also some books as well). I'd love to see stories or news reports about giftedness. I'm thinking something more along the lines of general giftedness issues (advocacy, dealing with childhood, etc). Is there anything out there in the last 10 years you know of that's good? I know every once in a while they will highlight a PG person who is remarkable, which I could watch as well but I don't think will be as applicable to our MG situation. I started watching a story from CBS about a 15 y/o who was developing a way to test for pancreatic cancer. It was good, but I'd like to see more videos/shows, or listen to podcasts regarding the issues for when I am not able to read but can listen aloud to a program. Plus I like watching TV wink

Also, if you don't have an exact link for me, I urge you to post even a little info to help me search for things (for ex a local news report from Town, USA last year or News Source, general type of story). Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Displaced; 05/04/14 02:39 AM.

Life is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and then teaches the lesson.
    There is a British show I found a while back called "Child Genius". It has at least a couple seasons of shows. If you Google - Channel 4, Child Genius I think you will find it. If I recall, I watched several episodes on YouTube or something like YouTube.

When I was watching the above videos I also came across another show titled "The World's Cleverest Child and Me"

OP Offline
    Thanks, I'll be able to look this up.

Life is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and then teaches the lesson.
    OP Offline
    In case others want some resources:

The BBC Genius reality mini series is on youtube (of course).

I did find a mini podcast series of 3 by prufrock press that is somewhat helpful. Not entertaining stories but information-based. The company sells books.

Another podcast one I found is from BBC Radio 4, putting out a new three part series on G/T. Informative-based, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Mensa also has one podcast on gifted education which I also haven't checked out.

Last edited by Displaced; 05/04/14 02:51 AM.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM