Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 113 of 268 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 267 268
    Ok, THIS is a genuine brag.

Every year I build a model ship. This year, he got all excited and demanded that we start. After an aha moment of "oh, I see, we build it upside down" he proceeded to remind me of the major error I made last year, and how I SHOULD have done it. Ok, the kid is two years old, and he remembers my boatbuilding mistakes and how to fix them... from last year?!?!?! That's just cool.

DS1: Hon, you already finished your homework
    DS2: Quit it with the protesting already!
    S
    S
    I haven't been on in a while, but finally got a couple minutes recently to check things out a bit. Lots of business going on and health stuff. But wanted to share a brag about DS6 since I haven't shared with anyone outside our family yet. DS6 won the highest score for Math Olympiads on his 4th grade team and also that same week had an essay published in a local kids magazine about MLK. We are so proud of him. He was so cute with the Math Olympiad as he got a little plastic trophy and was trying to clean it off and shine it up and came home and decided to make a trophy shelf (he has one other from t-ball last year). I wasn't sure how he would react so it was nice to see him feel proud of himself and his work.

shellymos, that's great! What an empowering experience!

S
    S
    Wow, shellymos, that's fantastic!! Congratulations to him x 2!

M
    M
    I did post in the pre school section with pics, but have to brag about DS2 - who I always feel I neglect since DS4 is very intense. anyways - DS2 started reading this week, AND writing words and numbers AND colouring properly and doing dot - to - dot's. okay I'll admit I never gave him any, but he asked for them and now I am seriously floored at his abilities.

Oh, he also pointed out to DS4 that after 84 comes 85, 86, and then 87. laugh

So proud of him!

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)
    Michaela! That's Genuinely very brag-worthy.

Espy8.5m old. �Yesterday she just felt like showing off to me. �She said neh-neh-neh and did nosy-nosy with me, which I showed her. �I said Aww. �She said "heh" and bumped her forehead to my forehead. �(which I didn't show her but I guess Wyatt did). �Then she put her eye to my eye and said eye. �Then later this morning she blew a kiss to me and did the same three things again. �Then she stuck out her tongue and grabbed it and said very clearly "I got your tongue." Then she said "I love you. �Morning.". I taught her I love you already only. �This evening she said I love you Mamma. �I've been trying to get her to call me Mamma. �She's made the sound crying, but this is the first time she used it as a name. �She's starting to toddle, letting go of things for a step or two. �Even letting go with both hands to bend down and pick things up. �Bursting with love and pride while thinking, "you were just born yesterday."

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    G
    G
    It has been apparent to me that dd5 has had the capacity to learn how to tell the time for a while now, but she's just had no interest. Her teacher told me this was one of the reasons she didn't think she was much ahead in maths. Then today she saw a watch she really wanted. It was a decent watch and so not a very cheap one and I told her she couldn't have a proper watch until she was prepared to put the effort in to learn to tell the time (she's had other cheap watches but never paid them much notice).

So she then proceeded to tell me the time on all the watches in the store (all of which were set to random times). Cheeky little thing. Anyway, now she has a new watch...

"If children have interest, then education will follow" - Arthur C Clarke
    lol, love this.. she sounds just like my dd6....she'll let you know what she knows when she want to, or when the need arises, and not a moment before smile

S
    S
    When DD5 was 2, maybe 3...She wondered WHY she couldn't eat the shells on the peanuts...so, I told her that there were chemicles on the shells that killed the bugs so the bug wouldn't eat the peanuts. Later that night, I found peanuts on all the windows of our 1780 old federal (lots of spiders). I said...Sydney. Why did you put all these peanuts on the windows, while I was clearing them off. She replied "NO! Leave them there! They will kill all the spiders and we won't have spiders anymore!" At five she is only a little over a year advanced for language and math is right where it should be...but she is so incredibaly creative! I will always remember that one!

AND at two, she built a house in the kitchen using anything she could find. It wasn't as pretty or as stable as her other ones, but she was going to accept it anyway...She said. Mommy Look! I'm the princess of cacophany! Seriously, she did! lol

M
    M
    Originally Posted by La Texican
    Michaela! That's Genuinely very brag-worthy.

Espy8.5m old. �Yesterday she just felt like showing off to me. �She said neh-neh-neh and did nosy-nosy with me, which I showed her. �I said Aww. �She said "heh" and bumped her forehead to my forehead. �(which I didn't show her but I guess Wyatt did). �Then she put her eye to my eye and said eye. �Then later this morning she blew a kiss to me and did the same three things again. �Then she stuck out her tongue and grabbed it and said very clearly "I got your tongue." Then she said "I love you. �Morning.". I taught her I love you already only. �This evening she said I love you Mamma. �I've been trying to get her to call me Mamma. �She's made the sound crying, but this is the first time she used it as a name. �She's starting to toddle, letting go of things for a step or two. �Even letting go with both hands to bend down and pick things up. �Bursting with love and pride while thinking, "you were just born yesterday."

awwww that is such a precious stage smile

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)
    Page 113 of 268 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM