Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 196 guests, and 25 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    C
    C
    I don't have any advice for your situation but I just wanted to say hang in there. JK was a disaster with my DS and it was only half days. Our drop offs were horrific spectacles just about everyday. He's now in grade 2 and life in general is much better.

Hope you're able to figure out something for your little guy.

D
    D
    I also strongly recommend getting a celiac test. Here is some info:

For most people, the serum anti-tissue transglutaminase (tTG-IgA) is the best antibody blood test for screening for celiac disease; however, it is important to also get a total serum IgA. Having this total serum test will help bolster the reliability of the tTG test. The reason for this is that while the tTG test is very reliable, its reliability is dependent on the premise that the person being tested adequately produces IgA. If the individual does not produce sufficient amounts of IgA and is instead IgA deficient, then tTG-IgG should be tested instead.

I was tested just 3 years ago with a variety of symptoms, one of which was anemia. I also know someone whose Kindergartener was having multiple health/behavior problems and we suggested they test for celiac. It is a simple, noninvasive blood test. He tested positive. After a few months of a strict gluten free diet they have a new kid. He was having ADHD type of behaviors that are now better. Speaking for myself, I never realized I had sort of a "brain fog" as they call it from reacting to gluten. If anything it's worth a try to rule it out!

Good luck!

H
    hnz1979 Offline OP
    OP Offline
    H
    Thanks all. Just talked to principal and she said no to half days. We are going to have another 504 meeting within the week. (Sigh) I feel like I'm on a merry-go round!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM