Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 314 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    J
    Jklm Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    I ordered the manual yesterday from Amazon, so it's too late for me to ask for the special deal from GPP. Thanks for the tip, though, frugalmom - hopefully it will be helpful to others. One thing to note is that the manual alone is ~$50 on Amazon vs ~$70 on the GPP website. Therefore, even if they would sell one form with the manual, I think it would still be quite a bit above the Amazon price for the manual alone.

Are you allowed to advertise things for sale here? Or even ask if anyone has something to sell? For some reason I didn't think you could (although I have not looked at the forum rules recently). Maybe I'll try to sell the manual after I'm done with it! Amazon does offer to buy it back for $24, which isn't bad.

By the way, I found out the following statement on http://accelerationinstitute.org/Resources/IAS.aspx :
    "The proceeds from the purchase of the IAS are fully returned to Belin-Blank Center student and teacher programs. No authors of the IAS benefit financially from sales of the book." Guess that's a worthy cause to support!

I would guess that generally speaking, no one wants to turn this into a sales site, especially since most people here are anonymous posters, but it's not easy to get hold of single IAS forms so I was extremely grateful to have the chance to get one! Maybe if you just add something to this thread like "PM me if you're interested in the manual when I'm done," then it won't seem so seller-like. Really, this group is one of the few that actually knows what the IAS is.

And yes, Belin-Blank is a great cause to support!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM