Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 321 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
    LOL.

A
    A
    Originally Posted by Leyla
    For ADD, I talked to our pediatrician about it and he asked me to fill our a questionnaire. According to the scores in that, she doesn't meet inattentive, just below the borderline. He thinks given DD's skills in piano and her being eligible in gifted, there is not much to worry about, but watch closely etc. I am myself not too worried about this, as she is definitely improving in many ways.

Leyla, I'm glad you met with the teacher and got some answers. I hate those new 1-4 reports because I am never sure what they mean, and on top of that, our conference now are "student goal setting" conferences, which I find to be completely useless to me as a parent.

Granted, I didn't talk to your ped, but I'm a little skeptical of the apparent reasoning. My daughter is the world's most ADHD child and that hasn't stopped her from qualifying or being intently involved in activities she likes. Just saying, unless your pediatrician has actual expertise with ADD/ADHD or 2E kids, I would take that particular opinion with a grain of salt, keep my eyes peeled, and if there are further concerns, see someone who really has some expertise in this area.

L
    Leyla Offline OP
    OP Offline
    L
    Good point Aufilia. DD has a yearly checkup next month and I will definitely bring it up again to our pediatrician. Do you have any doctor recommendation around Eastside?

E
    E
    We used Elizabeth Smith for neuropsych testing. She may be more than you need, and she has a long waiting list, but you could try contacting her. Her office is in downtown Bellevue. She definitely "gets" gifted kids, and she had a great rapport with both of mine.

L
    Leyla Offline OP
    OP Offline
    L
    Thanks so much.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations