Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 109 of 268 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 267 268
    How did I miss the water? Can we get it in the water tower? Three cheers for having fun at school Kathleen's mum.

Here's my brag. My draw write now book came in the mail yesterday. How old's the boy, 3.5.
    http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad296/Hablame_today/9814a638.jpg
    He loves George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin, although he would only recognize someone who's president if they had a podium with a presidential seal.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    La Texican, those are awesome smile

Thank you. I only drew the pencil one. Lil' copycat drew the marker one. It feels good to brag.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    Went to see DS math teacher yesterday over frequency of missing homework assignments. DS is grade-skipped one grade and also in advanced math which means he is two years ahead age-wise(9 years old in sixth grade class). Teacher says that no other student comes close to DS in class and he is only one not stumped with word problems. And I thought his big strength was verbal!

Ahhhhhh feels nice to brag a bit....

L
    L
    My 12 year old son finished his writing composition assignment, to write three poems, early even though he had a really rough week and started wearing a very uncomfortable brace at night when he already had trouble sleeping. I didn't even have to encourage him to finish. He wrote two of the poems in the back seat of the car on his iPhone. Motor dysgraphia doesn't seem like that much of a problem for him any more since he can do his writing anywhere using his iPhone or netbook. He has maintained a high A in the class since it began last fall and he is one of the youngest students in the class.

He also made it through a difficult three-hour musical theater rehearsal with a bad headache and back pain. He had missed the rehearsal the week before because of a migraine and he could not miss this one because they are performing at a local TV station in a few days.

I am very proud of my son because he used to be sensitive to clothing tags, but is somehow managing to work through his pain and do what he needs to do to get the job done and do it well.

Love hearing these brags!
    Here's mine: DS is signing up for a writing class at CTY for the first time ever! I hope he get in!
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Originally Posted by PMc
    On a recent trip to our neighborhood bookstore DS 2.5 said
    Hey I need a reference atlas. A teenage girl that was standing
    next to us said, OMG you are too smart! DS flashed her a big
    fake smile, batted his eyelashes and said, "Yes and I am
    handsome too.

Mr W did pretty much the same thing.

Some teenage girl said he was cute.

When he got home, he looked in the mirror, said "YEAHHH.. I am cute!"

If I lose him in the mall, I just find the nearest group of teen girls - he is in the middle of them, making them laugh.

He recently started a new sport and the coach is a teen girl and he tried his tricks on her. It took him four sessions to realize that she did not appreciate his goofing off!

DD8 came running up to me when I got home from school today to tell me about what happened in Spanish class today. It is the end of the third term and her teacher was talking about grades and that she gives a prize at the end of the year to any student who doesn't have to take any retests all year. She then went on to praise DD for doing such a great job in class all year, that she has had "perfecto" on all tests and quizzes (none of which we knew were happening because she's never studied for any of them at home wink ) and it looks like she will be getting the special prize!
    Linguistics is one of DD's "things" so she was so proud of herself and so excited that her teacher would use her as an example for the whole class. She was grinning from ear to ear. smile

Originally Posted by PMc
    On a recent trip to our neighborhood bookstore DS 2.5 said
    Hey I need a reference atlas. A teenage girl that was standing
    next to us said, OMG you are too smart! DS flashed her a big
    fake smile, batted his eyelashes and said, "Yes and I am
    handsome too.

absolutely adorable smile

L
    L
    Originally Posted by Grinity
    Here's mine: DS is signing up for a writing class at CTY for the first time ever! I hope he get in!
    Grinity
    YAY, best of luck to your ds smile

This is from my 5 yo not gifted identified boy (hope that's ok).

At the dinner table...
    ds: Mommy when I grow up I want to be a giant lollipop. I could lick myself, but only once a day. Because if I licked myself too much I'd accidentally eat myself and be in my own stomach. How's that possible??!

me: reeeeallyy????

I was just speechless but in side LOL'ing like a crazy person!!! Kids are nuts!

Page 109 of 268 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM