Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 239 guests, and 35 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 24 of 102 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 101 102
    Z
    Z
    ...when your seven year old mentions he now likes writing fiction and wonders if he could have two jobs, one as a full time math professor and another as a full time writer. And then speculates that he may have to skip getting married in order to do both.

N
    N
    Originally Posted by Zen Scanner
    ...when your seven year old mentions he now likes writing fiction and wonders if he could have two jobs, one as a full time math professor and another as a full time writer. And then speculates that he may have to skip getting married in order to do both.

The boy is wise beyond his years!

A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    ...When you don't know where to store your shampoo because your bathtub is a de facto lab for your DS2. We have a test tube rack and test tubes (baby soda bottles, courtesy of Portia's suggestion), plastic beakers, funnels, and a rinse bottle crowding every inch of the tub.

DS wanted to have two baths today to keep working on his buoyancy experiments. He also built a nifty sink model out of a funnel, soap dish holder, pipettes, and a beaker, then proceeded to pour water through it to prove to me that it worked.

What is to give light must endure burning.
    B
    B
    Love it smile
    Just keep encouraging the science in the bathroom. So much harder to clean than when it moves to the kitchen and everything in the pantry is utilised! The dog is happy though as she often eats the experiments when DS5 is done smile

A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Thanks Bobbie and Portia!

Good suggestion, Portia. We have a dedicated shelf for bath toys, but they never make it back because DS loves to play with the plastic ware so often! It was the best $15 I spent for his birthday.

What is to give light must endure burning.
    D
    D
    ...when your needle-nose pliers are never where they belong. Ever.

C
    C
    Originally Posted by DeeDee
    ...when your needle-nose pliers are never where they belong. Ever.

Yes! And scissors. Somehow, we have acquired at least 10 pairs yet there is still never a pair in the scissor drawer. I think they hang out with the forever missing rolls of masking tape and duct tape.

S
    S
    You. Know how pens are chained to counters or clip boards? Scissors need to be chained to the scissor drawer...use them standing right here and then place them back in the drawer and shut it....oooo I should go on shark tank.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary
    H
    H
    my mom was suprised that DD2 was already asleep at 10pm -- that girl doesn't need sleep frown

D
    D
    ...when your 5 y/o is making a secret list. a list that is multifariously characterized as "private", "exclusive" and now apparently "classified". the nature of this list cannot be revealed, but she works on it a little every day, looking things up in the dictionary as she goes. i am given to understand that it is important to ensure that the list can be read by others... even though, as a classified document, it actually won't be.

and yes, i am prepared to eventually receive a redacted version. the kid loves a Sharpie.

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.
    Page 24 of 102 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 101 102

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM