Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 239 guests, and 35 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    S
    S
    Mine were link and zelda from the legend of zelda. Hopefully they will pick something I don't have to sew next year!

Last edited by Stephi1307; 11/01/13 05:38 PM.
    C
    C
    So DD9, after being Jedi this time, decided she wanted to be Princess Leah next year. And a friend of ours asked her which one, because she did have a few different outfits. She said "OH, yeah right, well we could dress one of the dogs like Jabba." To which I replied, "You are NOT doing the gold bikini." She laughed and said, "I know but I could go as Leah when she was disguised as that bounty hunter."

Wonderful a disguise within a disguise....LOL. So I have a whole year to plan that one. Woohoo.

Cassie

"Imperfections in our journey were what made it perfect."-Ewan McGregor
    N
    N
    DD7 wanted to be a dog this year, and I managed to resist my natural urge to make a costume and just bought her one on eBay. It's nice and furry, and she's been wearing it all month, and it will still fit her next year if necessary. She had several Minecraft ideas before that one, but the dog won.

DS11 was going to do a Minecraft thing as well, but then we saw a video on Youtube about a zipper-face thing that was hideously gory and he fell in love with that. We couldn't find any liquid latex to do the really gory flayed look, but we managed a credible unzipped-around-the-eye face and he was a big hit, especially with the girls from the MS that he ran across while we were trick-or-treating.

S
    S
    DD was Matilda. No one got it. Then she came home and picked out a fighter costume (a dress, but not too princessy) and shot suction arrows at the door.

Two years ago she was Elphaba and one person got it, bless her. Then again, people acted like they didn't get Merida last year. Maybe no one saw that movie? They all only got Matilda from the movie (when told what it was). Which hubby found ironic. "All I know I learned from telly..."

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM