Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 286 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    DD8 was all set to don a blonde wig, a Ravenclaw robe, and the appropriate replica wand to go as Luna Lovegood, following up her previous years as Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley. She's had the robe and wand for months, and often uses them around the house.

Last week, inexplicably, she fell in love with some off-the-shelf butterfly or fairy thing, so that's what she's wearing now.

D
    D
    Dude - it broke my heart when DD5 gave up on her Luna costume (to follow up last year's Hermione!) because it meant i didn't get to make Spectrespecs.

maybe i'll make them for myself!

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.
    My kids were allowed to do what they wanted with their hair or face but were required to wear their usual uniform to school. So I have DD14 who has GOOBS of makeup on her eyes and a knife through her head and DD12 that has zombie make up on her face. Both girls indicated that this was more like a visual of how they feel in school rather than a Halloween Costume. Go figure.

E
    E
    DD9 is some sort of cat-girl hybrid thing that she built around a pair of glasses she found at the costume store. (Like these, but solid black instead of pink stripes.)

DS5 is a bear, again found at the costume shop. He decided he didn't want his nose painted black during the day, but I have been charged with getting claws for both of them today so they can wear them tonight.

P
    P
    This year DS9 is a Satyr - we bought a stocking cap with horns and my MIL made him fur pants and hooves.

P
    P
    Hermione Granger for DD8. She slept in lots of small braids last night to get her hair really frizzy and thought about going to school today as Madoosa. Took them out at the last minute though and went to school full frizz instead. Personally I loved the Madoosa idea - maybe next year.

22B Offline
    I don't understand halloween. I don't know why it exists.

22B #173353 10/31/13 12:50 PM
    Z
    Z
    Originally Posted by 22B
    I don't understand halloween. I don't know why it exists.

To hide your kids from the fae folk and wandering spirits. I have a theory that sugar is to fae folk as garlic is to vampires. It also coincides with open enrolment at many workplaces reminding people to keep their dental plans for the following year.

K
    K
    DD6 is a bumblebee, and DS8 is Percy Jackson. Both kids have been choosing their costumes for several years; the last time I picked DD's costume was when she was 2. I'm sure I could have come up with my own ideas and sold them on it, but when your little girl tells you she wants to be Darth Vader for Halloween...who could say no? smile

I'm thrilled with the bumblebee costume, because it meant buying a roll of yellow duct tape (we made stripes on a black shirt). Since we had never played with duct tape before, this opened up a whole new adventure for us.

DD is Queen Amidala and DS is the 11th Doctor with a real Harris Tweed much to his delight.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM