Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 20 of 102 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 101 102
    In order to wrap his head around the pain of eye drops required for his VT, your son spends time making an elaborate, three-dimensional drawing of a device that would eradicate the need for eye drops in the future.

And wants to hold it while receiving his eye drops.

S
    S
    When your (then) 2 year old DD is asked by her play group teacher, "what kind of dinosaur did you draw? Is it gray? Brown?". And she replies, "a gray stegasaurus silly!"

A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    ...You delude yourself into thinking you'll be okay taking your DS23mo to the museum with a 2.5 year old friend from music class. You reason that she's 25% older than him, so that should work. It's not okay, not even remotely close. DS wants to closely examine an exhibit on magnetism for 40 minutes. Friend prefers to change activities every 2 minutes and has a penchant for grabbing.

...Your DH is repairing a broken toy and doesn't want little hands interfering, so he says, "Can you please have a conversation with [your stuffed] walrus?" DS acquiesces, looks walrus in the eye and says, "So how are you, walrus?"

What is to give light must endure burning.
    S
    S
    Originally Posted by aquinas
    ...You delude yourself into thinking you'll be okay taking your DS23mo to the museum with a 2.5 year old friend from music class. You reason that she's 25% older than him, so that should work. It's not okay, not even remotely close. DS wants to closely examine an exhibit on magnetism for 40 minutes. Friend prefers to change activities every 2 minutes and has a penchant for grabbing.

...Your DH is repairing a broken toy and doesn't want little hands interfering, so he says, "Can you please have a conversation with [your stuffed] walrus?" DS acquiesces, looks walrus in the eye and says, "So how are you, walrus?"

Love these. So wish we could take them to the museum together. At 2.5, I took my son to the Field Museum in Chicago. We were there from open to close three days in a row. He still begs to go back. I had trouble tearing him away from anything in there. It makes me want to move somewhere with bigger museums than here.

A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Originally Posted by SAHM

Love these. So wish we could take them to the museum together. At 2.5, I took my son to the Field Museum in Chicago. We were there from open to close three days in a row. He still begs to go back. I had trouble tearing him away from anything in there. It makes me want to move somewhere with bigger museums than here.

Wouldn't that be great to take them together? I've resolved that, given our current social circle, museums are for Mummy and DS because we can become engaged in the material without interruptions, but I'd be over the moon if you two were nearby.

We're lucky enough to have a great museum just around the corner from us, so we visit at least once each week, some weeks daily. I adore museums! *Wistful sigh*

S
    S
    The space museum was great too! Chicago is fantastic!

A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    SAHM, I PM'd you

S
    S
    SAHM, I PM'd you

Replied. smile

C
    C
    when you start taking away your child's tablet early in the evening so they will go to sleep and rest and then you catch them doing the whole hide under the cover reading thing with not one but three different books and cross referencing between them. AND the books are not even remotely related that you can tell.

Cassie

"Imperfections in our journey were what made it perfect."-Ewan McGregor
    B
    B
    When you turn you back on your 2 year old to answer the phone and he has just put together the new puzzle that just came in the mail.

When Santa brings your 7 year old a 'college' dictionary and it's the most loved & used present.

Page 20 of 102 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 101 102

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM