Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 214 guests, and 24 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 16 of 102 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 101 102
    X
    X
    My son also wants to learn everything about elements. I got scared the infinitive questions he asked. So I put everything in a box and hit them. He wants me to explain evrything but I dont know.
    Thanks for the hint, I have Netflix I will try that and Theodore Gray elements books and cards
    If you have more idea I love to hear them

... your DD8 comes home because the neighborhood kids are organizing a game of soccer, and she needs her shin guards. Safety first!

Then she comes home, you ask, "How did the soccer game go?", and she responds, "It was pretty easy, because R and I were the only ones who ever played [organized]." And you're just floored with how blasé she was about that, considering how there were six kids involved, one was older than her by a month, and the rest (including R) were at least three years older, including one boy.

D
    D
    when your 5 year old runs upstairs to "divest" herself of her plush alien before grabbing her bag and shooting out the door.

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.
    C
    C
    Your seven-year old corrects you when you substitute "math method" for "math model." Thankfully, he has examples to share to illustrate the difference. lol

C
    C
    Originally Posted by ConnectingDots
    Your seven-year old corrects you when you substitute "math method" for "math model." Thankfully, he has examples to share to illustrate the difference. lol

When your child corrects you on everything and you have to remind them "you knew what I meant. So stop correcting me." LOL.

Cassie

"Imperfections in our journey were what made it perfect."-Ewan McGregor
    X
    X
    I love it

For the record, that habit is FAR more charming at 5 than it is when they're 14.

wink

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
    C
    C
    when you, as a parent, get excited because you actually KNOW an answer to your child's question without having to look it up.

Cassie

C
    C
    and you get as excited as your child when she gets new books from Scholastic because what she picks out is pretty cool stuff. (this last one was a Mission to mars book and a make your on crystals kit)

Cassie

D
    D
    ...not sure this is the right thread, but anyway....

Me and DD were driving home this evening from her x-curricular math class and I was behind a minivan with those family stickers where there is a dad sticker and a mom sticker and presumably appropriate kid stickers (and sometimes pets--yay!). Except on this van the stickers were all Star Wars themed, so Dad was I guess Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Mom was apparently Leia in the bikini, and the kids were a mini-stormtrooper and a mini-Leia, which IMO was all tremendously cute.

But it got me thinking--if I were to put these on our cars, and to choose any representation, what would it be?? And also, what are the figures supposed to represent--how others should see you, or how you wish to be seen? Anyway, in our family, if it was how each other two of us see the other one (as we are three altogether, excepting the dog), it might be: Dad = the Emperor; Mom = Tweety Bird; and DD = Warner Bros. Tasmanian Devil or Martian. Just saying.

It might be more interesting if each car had one row of 'traditional representations' (just the standard) and another of 'how we wish to be seen/ what our interests are'. I guess this might be part of what those Star Wars figures might be getting at, but it would definitely be more fun IMO than just representing how many kids you have. (and as a parent of an only kid, I would definitely 'score' better) wink

Page 16 of 102 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 101 102

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM