Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 600 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just don't send him to school like that, right, Ann?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kriston
    Ann Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I didn't know how much older kids weigh. I'm not good at guessing ages or weight. DS is like a block of cement. He's not fat, but broad and solid. Since he was little we've had to buy his shoes at Stride Rite b/c they sell an extra wide shoe for kids. I wonder if DS will stop gaining weight and just grow taller for a while. The strange thing is that he doesn't eat much, and what he eats is relatively healthy. My DS hasn't had fast-food yet. Shrug. It's made clothes shopping an interesting experience.

I rode a bike as a kid, but I feel uncoordinated in my 30+ years. I'm glad you've had a good experience with REI. It's nice to hear. I'll have to work on attempting to ride a bike with DS. I'll keep you in the back of my mind as comfort. smile

Ann Offline OP
    OP Offline
    There was a massive tantrum in the car b/c DS wouldn't take the panty liner off. DH told me I can't give him any more on school mornings. At least I was able to get the panty liner bracelets and ankle cuffs off of him before we left the house. blush

I'm still chuckling at the thought of the panty liner on his forehead at school. It's killing me!

Kriston
    Ann Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Glad to make you smile. smile DS liked to think he was Rambo this morning. I'm going to have to hide the panty liners with the bandaids in a new spot. Fortunately his butt doesn't itch anymore - last night he asked me to scratch it b/c it itched. It was a bizarre visual.

I'm laughing at the thought of your DH having to reprimand you "no more panty liners before school!"

Your DS is very big. I have a little peanut - my DS4.4 hasn't broken the 35 lb barrier yet. I helped one of his solid friends on a swing the other day and thought I was going to drop him!

My DS is veeeeery cautious. He will do a tricycle inside a bit, but he's not very good at it. I don't think we have to worry about bikes for a few years! good luck

K
    K
    My DS definitely slowed down on the weight gain at about 4. And actually both my kids were very roly poly babies high on the growth chart. It all seems to work itself out eventually! Your little guy is tall too. He may be taller or close to my almost 4 year old? I'm not a big fan of growth charts. I think kids that are active and eating decent food turn out fine.

And the panty liner thing has me rolling on the floor too. Be sure to get good pictures of that to use during the teenage years! wink

Here's an idea to get him off panty liners - go raid the office supplies. Avery makes a bunch of different kinds/sizes of sticker paper for printing. then you can print designs on them too. just a thought.

B
    B
    So glad to see that I am not alone with a tall child :-) My DS5 turned 5 in Jan. and has always been at the top of both weight and height since he was born....he is now 4 feet tall and weighs in at 58 pounds. Both my husband and I are very tall 6'3 and 5'10 and all of his doctors have all stated that he is no where even remotely close to being overweight just that he is going to be a very tall boy....he is in a size 2.5 big boy shoe and we also have to shop at Stride Rite :-) Gotta love the naked dance! My DS is into that as well - picture the scene, we just came home from Montessori preschool, he stripped off his shorts/underwear and here is this little boy flying down our front sidewalk on his scooter with his shirt (which thankfully was very long on him)and his bum free to the breeze with mom yelling and running after him to get him back into the house before anyone sees him :-)

Ann Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Thanks for the great ideas!!! I think DS would love it if I mummified him in sheets of sticky paper.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM