Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 305 guests, and 11 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    D
    D
    ha - your DD WOULD be a millionaire with that kind of solution-making! (that's why i don't pay DD for anything - she would totally game the system...)

that is an amazing conversation - so glad you're sounding so hopeful and renewed!

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.
    D
    D
    Sweet girl. It is great she can articulate what is going on! Maybe stopping at the park on the way home on the days she goes to school so she can really run around would help her settle down at home. I think for some kids (my dd6 is like this) we cannot even imagine how much effort it takes for them to comply with classroom expectations and they can only hold it together so long. Hope the new plan is helpful!

A
    A
    Lovemydd, that sounds like a workable set of solutions. I like that your daughter already had ideas to recommend. She advocated well for herself! smile

What is to give light must endure burning.
    L
    laurel
    Unregistered
    laurel
    Unregistered
    L
    That is a beautiful conversation, Lovemydd! Congratulations! She gave really productive and realistic suggestions. She is remarkably self-aware and organized in her planning.

Always a pleasure to work WITH your child, rather than plot to deal with them, lol.

You said she is having trouble controlling her impulses. I think Deacongirl makes a good point when she says how tiring it can be to control one's impulses all day at preschool! It sounds like she actually does have great skills at school, but it may be very tiring!

From another formerly wild child: some discipline and clear boundaries can actually be a relief. It is also great when the parents are on the same page, both for the kid but also for the parents' relationship. Good luck finding approaches that work for the whole family. The first (or only) kid gets to help parents clarify all this! smile

So happy for you that you have some ideas about your schedule and that you have such a great way to communicate with your kid!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM