Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 656 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 78 of 131 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 130 131
    I
    I
    This evening when DD2 was told it was time for her shower, replied "How about I take a shower tomorrow and Sunday instead?"

K
    KJP Offline
    K
    I was surprised to hear times had changed as well. When I was in first grade I liked a boy because he wore a Gizmo t-shirt to school several times a week and I thought Gizmo was cute.

I learned tonight that his buddy had to explain to him what having a girlfriend entailed. Apparently this is the first grade understanding -

It means you are in love but probably not enough to last until you are a grown up and can get married. Probably about two months worth of love is all. 😄

M
    M
    woohoo just officially became one of those mums at gym, when for the 15th time hearing another woman telling me my school choice for dd4 wasn't based on sound wisdom because all of her friends liked it, dropped the G word. Got an immediate, well I don't mean to offend you but you do know they all even out, not to say yours will of course. Just you wait a year in a composite class will see her on track.

I didn't bother telling her exactly how far advanced dd is...

I feel like I've just joined a club :-)

Last edited by Mahagogo5; 10/15/14 08:52 PM.
    K
    KJP Offline
    K
    Has anyone ever asked a "they all even out" believer when the kids become uneven again? Surely these people don't think all adults have equal intelligence.

A
    A
    I prefer to keep asking probing questions about their position until it's plain for all to see that they're deluded.

Last edited by aquinas; 10/15/14 09:35 PM. Reason: Deluded is gentler than idiots

What is to give light must endure burning.
    A
    A
    I'm pretty confident DS-almost 3 came out with a statement today that none of the other billions of inhabitants of Earth said today after learning about the Titanic: "this is my friend, rusticle"

What is to give light must endure burning.
    M
    M
    rusticles - hahaha

Last edited by Mahagogo5; 10/15/14 09:51 PM.
    22B Offline
    DD3 is starting to pick up some simple arithmetic (maybe from watching PBS kids and listening to bigger siblings). Our conversation:

DD3: What's 2+3?
    Me: What do you think 2+3 is? [A week or two ago I would just answer the question. Now I'm checking she really knows.]
    DD3: Five! Look! Five fingers! [Holding up one hand with 5 fingers.]
    DD3: What's 5+5?
    Me: What do you think 5+5 is?
    DD3: Ten! Look! Ten fingers! [Holding up two hands with 10 fingers.]
    [Then DD3 starts sucking her thumb.]
    DD3: Wopf fibe pwuf four?

R
    R
    This definitely isn't a sign of 'giftedness' but I wanted to share with some fellow parents. Two days ago DS 3.5 went and played in the backyard for about 30 minutes on his own. When he came in he was being very shifty and trying to hide from us which made us think he must have done something but we couldn't figure out what it was. Yesterday I realized he had a ton of mud in one of his ears, luckily it wasn't very deep into his ear (yay for having an otoscope even if I can't use it well). Took until today to get him to admit that he tried to put a rolly-polly (pillbug) in his ear but it fell out, thank goodness. About a year and a half ago he put a pinto bean up his nose, I'd hoped we were done experimenting after that. He makes me tired.

C
    C
    DS8 told me last night that he had started reading the first Harry Potter book at school. "I'm surprised, it is really a lot shorter than I thought it would be -- I thought it was supposed to be a long book, but it is shorter than the Redwall books I've been reading."

Page 78 of 131 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 130 131

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM