Hello,

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

My 13 year old son just took the WISC-IV last week and I'm having trouble interpreting the results. In 2nd grade my sons school district sent us a letter letting us know that because of test scores he qualified for the gifted program in the district. He was pulled out of class for additional tutoring and would have moved to the districts gifted school the following year, but our family moved to Central America and he has attended (a not so great) private school for the past three years.

His personality, interest and behavior fits everything I have read on gifted children.

Anyway, we just got back his scores and to me, at least his total IQ does not say gifted. The psychologist that tested him is not experienced with gifted children, but did say that she thought he might have a learning disability (written expression & ADHD). She was worried about the working memory and the processing speeds.

The testing was done in the US over the summer and now we are back home with no access to anyone that could help me accurately interpret this, so again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

VCI: 135
Similarities: 15
Vocabulary: 13
Comprehension:19
PRI: 119
Block Design: 12
Picture Concepts: 12
Matrix Reasoning: 15
WMI: 97
Digit Span: 9
Letter-Number Seq: 10
PSI: 109