Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 77 of 131 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 130 131
    C
    C
    Originally Posted by KJP
    DS ran up to me after school with a little girl from his class and introduced her.

"Mom, she wants to be a scientist but she doesn't know anything about science!"

The little girl was all owl-eyed nodding along with what he was saying.

"Can you call her mom and set up some play dates? She wants me to teach her stuff but it is going to take a long time!"

Oh so cute!

A
    A
    Originally Posted by KJP
    DS ran up to me after school with a little girl from his class and introduced her.

"Can you call her mom and set up some play dates? She wants me to teach her stuff but it is going to take a long time!"

Adorable! A protege!

What is to give light must endure burning.
    A
    A
    DS2.11 is really getting into Egyptology, and we constructed an elaborate tunnel system, complete with false entrances and dead ends, culminating in a burial chamber and sarcophagus. DS assigned me the role of "Egyptologist" and DH was instructed to play "tomb robber".

I'm thinking of joining a local homeschool group to meet like-minded friends for DS. At what age might other children want to play games like Egyptologist or Medieval knights in a historically accurate manner?

A
    A
    Thanks Portia. We had success with DS teaching a 6 year old boy about bats and cave spelunking this weekend. I think we will have to build an activity ourselves!

C
    C
    This is more a parent thing, but I think our parents group for gifted class overwhelmed our new teacher a bit. He came in and told us a little about himself and we introduced ourselves and when he asked if we had questions we pretty much jumped into our normal routine of 'What's our plan, and what's our goals, and lets get fundraising.'
    He just looked at us stunned for a second, and said "Wow I think we are going to need another meeting." Although I think he was excited to have parents who were ready to go...LOL.

Cassie

"Imperfections in our journey were what made it perfect."-Ewan McGregor
    During a recent trip to a hotel, we had the opportunity to ride in a crowded elevator. DS was standing near the button panel. An elderly couple was watching him and made an indication he could press our floor before they chose theirs.
    I was a proud mom when DS spoke up indicating the panel and nodding for them to go first, "No, please. I insist."

I couldn't help remembering back when DS was still being strolled around and was
    T-E-R-R-I-F-I-E-D of going into elevators. What a long way from the days of screaming, "No! No! No!" smile

Last edited by Ametrine; 10/10/14 08:45 AM. Reason: annoying perfectionism
    A
    aeh Offline
    A
    That IS a proud moment! And what a lovely, considerate child you've raised.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...
    Originally Posted by aeh
    That IS a proud moment! And what a lovely, considerate child you've raised.

Thanks, but I have to give credit to his dad on this one. I was proud of him, too. wink

K
    KJP Offline
    K
    Originally Posted by KJP

So now this girl asked him to be/told him he was her boyfriend! He says, "She is very impressed with how much I know about science so she said she wanted me to be her boyfriend."

Last edited by KJP; 10/13/14 09:19 PM.
    A
    aeh Offline
    A
    Originally Posted by KJP
    Originally Posted by KJP

So now this girl asked him to be/told him he was her boyfriend! He says, "She is very impressed with how much I know about science so she said she wanted me to be her boyfriend."
    Can someone send the new girlfriend up to the high school to give them some tips on partner selection?

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...
    Page 77 of 131 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 130 131

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM