Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 216 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    M
    OP Offline
    M
    I am going to be partial homeschooling one of my kids as of, um, tomorrow... I plan to use Singapore math as a core math curriculum with side serves of Fred and various computer based activities. I have Singapore Math 2A/2B third edition here that a friend lent me but I am absolutely and utterly confused about what to order for ourselves.

We are in Australia and the Australian distributor seems to have no stock of anything and I am also very confused about which version I really want to use anyway. From what I can work out possibly only the Third Edition is in British English, metric and Singapore currency (which is quite close to the Australian denominations from what I understand), is that right?

I have been trying various searches but I don't seem to be able to find the website of the actual producer of Singapore Math with a definitive guide to all the versions and where to get them, only the US distributor and then various other countries' distributors. IS there a central resource?

Can anyone offer any insight here?

Thanks!

M
    OP Offline
    M
    Problem solved, for any future australian parent who is not finding what they need with google:

The main distributor in Australia sells some books, but not many and then has a small text link that I initially missed to this website, which has the full range:

http://www.educationreformation.net/catalog/72

It appears that "The New Syllabus" is the best fit for Australian children.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM