Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 186 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #155236 05/01/13 02:21 PM
    R
    Rashmi Offline OP
    OP Offline
    R
    Hello, We applied for Davidson's for our 6 year old first grade in March. We submitted KTEA test results (she scored the required 99.9th percentile) along with some work samples. We got an email today where they mentioned that they were unable to determine her acceptance based on her portfolio even though she has qualifying scores on the achievement test and hence I need to submit an IQ test. I have no idea where to go for the IQ test and how much that will cost. Can someone please help? Any suggestion is welcome. We live in Portland

S
    S
    Do you live near a University with a Psychology Department? That is where we had our testing done here where we live. I just looked them up on the internet and searched the site and found the Psych Clinic (which isn't for the students who attend the school, that is part of their Health Clinic). This clinic is for the Psychology grad students and they run research programs, a few clinical programs, and testing out of the clinic.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary
    R
    Rashmi Offline OP
    OP Offline
    R
    Thank you Sweetie, I'll look it up. I asked around and I am being told the tests would cost $300-$500 which is more than what I am comfortable with

R
    Rashmi Offline OP
    OP Offline
    R
    How much did you pay for the test?

C
    C
    That's a really good price for most big cities. I know people in Seattle usually pay around $300 for just an IQ test and a basic report- no school recs. I'm in California and it was more than that.

A university psych department will run less. Ours was $75. But you get what you pay for, which might mean a psychology student who isn't familiar with gifted kids, extended norms or GAI. Or you might have a great experience.

K
    K
    I am in Portland. My sons school gives the raven to all kids in the spring for free. Where are you going for testing? I may want to have him tested this summer. thanks

R
    Rashmi Offline OP
    OP Offline
    R
    I am taking my daughter to Basic Skills for testing and they are charging $300.

R
    Rashmi Offline OP
    OP Offline
    R
    Well, we went for the WJ-III Test today and my daughter got a GIA of 156 smile

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM