Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    At least a lot of people are considering it: 'Neato, squirt, Dazey, Questions, Lorel and me that I know of off the top of my head.

Anyone I missed who is teetering on the brink of homeschool or already firmly declared?

Sorry! I wasn't very clear. I was naming everyone who is either already decided for next year--Lorel and me for sure, and maybe others that I missed--and those who are in the "maybe homeschool" camp--'Neato, squirt, Dazey, and Questions, that I know of.

Yes, we are definitely HSing next year. Yes, I think Lorel is pretty firmly decided! LOL!

And, Dazey, DS6 is the one I'm going to be HSing.

I also have a DS3 who is in half-day preschool both this year and next. He'll probably go to public K the following year, but beyond that is totally up in the air. If public school works for him, then that's where he'll probably go. If not, then we'll homeschool him, too. I can't yet tell if he's differently GT than his brother, GT with some LD, or an ND kid. He seems to fit better in preschool than his big brother did, so there's that. <shrug> Wait and see...

(BTW, both kids have birthdays this month, so they'll soon be DS7 and DS4, so as not to confuse anyone... smile )

Kriston
    I thought I missed at least one other regular who had mentioned HSing (and maybe 2? It seems like there was someone else talking about it...).

Thanks, kcab! smile I didn't mean to slight you! blush

Last edited by Kriston; 05/12/08 03:30 PM. Reason: Had a thought: is it LMom who is also homeschooling next year? And Isa is considering it for the end of this year, right? But next year is up in the air, I think?

Kriston
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    I also have a DS3 who is in half-day preschool both this year and next.

Same here DS3 (by then DS4) will be in half-day play based preschool as well. He is HG, but PreK was a good experience for DS5 and DS3 will have DS5 former teacher who got him.

The time DS3 will be in PreK will be DS5 (by then DS6) hs time.

LMom
    K
    K
    Hey me too! There is a good chance of us homeschooling in the fall after doing some trial homeschooling this summer. I have a DS7 finishing 1st grade and a DD3.5 that will still be going to preschool in the fall.

Wow, great minds conceive at the same time...or something like that...

smirk wink

Kriston
    Ok do I have this right?

HSing: Kriston, Lorel, Lmom, Questions
    Hsing Trial summer: Kimck, Dazey
    Considering HSing: Kcab, Neato, Squirt

Last edited by Dazed&Confuzed; 05/12/08 06:50 PM.
    Not to speak for her, but I don't think 'Neato is for sure yet. She's giving school one last chance next year.

Kriston
    Q
    OP Offline
    Q
    Well, move us to the first list. It's done. We're homeschooling starting tomorrow. I suggested DS take some time off and he said no way, I want to study biology and physics and the search for alien life, and Korean and do my EPGY etc., etc., etc. I still have to talk to the school.

We're going to HS for the rest of the year (late June in our district) and see how it goes and then make the decision for third grade.

So thanks for all the help and encouragement. Wow.

You go, girl! It's a good sign that your DS is all fired up about what he's going to study. It means this is probably a very good decision in his case. Feel good about what you're doing!

If you need help or support, you know where to find me...Though from the way it sounds, I won't have to write as much about homeschooling as I have been all year because there's going to be a big crowd of us all chiming in. How nice!

grin

Kriston
    Good luck Neato! It sounds like DS cannot wait to get started. I think by summer you will know what you are getting into (unlike me grin)

LMom
    Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM