Originally Posted by polarbear
I would also *love* to have whoever has mentioned here in the past a link re CogAT not being reliable as an indicator of true intellectual ability for HG/HG+ kids ... please please please share a link or cite the source. We were once in the very same situation - we're long past that at this point in my ds' school years, but I would so love to send that article back to his elementary gifted program teachers because I truly suspect there are quite a few kids missed for gifted programming in our school district every year due to CogAT.
We, too, are past the point where it matters for our kiddos, but I would also like to see those studies if they exist. I've never seen anything like that, but there sure have been a lot of people posting here over the years (and more as of late it seems) who have kids whose CogAT scores and WISC scores don't line up at all.

The only link I've found about group tests for gifted kids is really old and relates to the OLSAT, not the CogAT:

WISC-R Full Scale IQ scores, OLSAT scores, and OLSAT School Ability Index were available for 431 of the students referred for placement in 1985-86. Subjects were ages 6-16; 283 were male, 148 female; 273 were white, 158 black. Correlations between the two tests were statistically significant for all but the gifted group.
[emphasis mine]