Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 183 of 268 1 2 181 182 183 184 185 267 268
    A
    A
    This was too cute not to post. DS18mo attended his first children's party today. As we were leaving and thanking the girl's parents for having us, DS sang the birthday song to the guest of honour, including her name, totally unprompted. The tune was pretty close, too!

What is to give light must endure burning.
    A
    A
    Wow, lovemydd and Elizabeth, those are sharp girls you have. Love the stories!

@lovemydd: Your daughter might like this course, which teaches world mapping by memory.
    http://shop.fablevisionlearning.com...shop.detail/productID/2683/#.UXwOkRK9LCR

L
    L
    Thanks for the link, aquinas. Looks like something dd would enjoy.

O
    O
    DD (4) won a round of hangman at a library program. She correctly guessed gorilla for g_ _ i_ _ _, given the clue that it was an animal.

B
    B
    Well done! DS5 loves hangman as well smile

L
    L
    Today, I had a well check for my 15 month old. The doctor asked what words she says and I replied, "Mama, papa [DS's name]..."

DS has an uncommon name, so the doctor said, "Oh, {DS's name]! I just got some paperwork from the school district about him. He's a frickin genius, isn't he?"

smile

A
    A
    LOL!

D
    D
    Originally Posted by Lovemydd
    DD3.5 finished assembling her world map this week. She has been working on it at school for 4 months now diligently and meticulously punching out each continent. Poor thing, punched out Asia twice bcos the first one tore a little. She collected each continent and when she was all done, used a real world map as a guide to put hers together. I am so proud of her for her hard work and determination!

A funny post. My friend gave me some home made lemon poppy bread. When I gave it to dd she said," wow! What a beautiful name for a bread. It is like you bake a lemon and it pops into a bread! I love it!"
    This is a huge accomplishment. I have been in the classroom and observed how diligently the kids work on those...she should be proud! We laminated dd's--I have another friend who invested a little more money and framed it.

L
    L
    Thanks so much, deacongirl. I have not seen how this work is done but dd explains that she uses a punch pin to punch out tiny holes to cutout the continents. The edges are so neatly done I wonder how she accomplished it. I have tried to google for a video on Montessori punch out but didn't find anything. If you have a link, please share. Either way, I am proud. And yes, we are planning to laminate and frame it.

L
    L
    Originally Posted by Lovemydd
    Thanks so much, deacongirl. I have not seen how this work is done but dd explains that she uses a punch pin to punch out tiny holes to cutout the continents. The edges are so neatly done I wonder how she accomplished it. I have tried to google for a video on Montessori punch out but didn't find anything. If you have a link, please share. Either way, I am proud. And yes, we are planning to laminate and frame it.

I believe that this is the Montessori puncher:
    http://www.montessoriservices.com/puncher-pack

I've seen DIY versions using a toothpick.

What a cool idea, though. I didn't know that they used the puncher for a project like this. I'm pulling DS4 from his Montessori program to homeschool next year and I've been trying to think of some fun things to do with geography. Totally stealing this idea...

Page 183 of 268 1 2 181 182 183 184 185 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM