Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 210 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    B
    B
    Great job on being an awesome advocate for your child! The minute my son turned 3, I had an appt at the school board for him to get assessed for speech and OT out of concern (he also got Speech when he was 2 from our local head start because he had a huge history with ear infections and didn't start talking until he was 2)...he qualified for both and was put on an IEP...last year he got services several times a week as a "drive in" student - I had to bring him into the local school for speech/OT which was a small nightmare - with his sensory disorder, he could barely handle the walk down the loud and bright school hallways and the disruption of having to pick him up at various times from his Montessori throughout the week to get him to services was an issue because my son thrives on routine and hates transitions....so this year we advocated for him to have intinerant services brought to him at his Montessori preschool and we got our request...so the 2 teachers come to him in his school setting....our next step is to start advocating for gifted services since he is only 3 points away from the required IQ score and has already had several grade level tests done and he is way above Kindergarten (which he is supposed to start in the fall)...so we are going to try to get gifted services along with his IEP for speech and OT - will be an interesting battle :-) Great job and i hope that it really helps your child!

Belle #15171 05/03/08 08:38 AM
    Well done, Keet. So happy for your child.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM