Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 165 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    G
    GHS Offline
    G
    I live in the area too!

Free gifted school (Denver Public Schools): Polaris at Ebert. Both my niece & nephew went there and LOVED it.

Some gifted programming in Denver at each school

Logan school and Ricks Center are private school options. We have toured Ricks... seems great for younger years.

Gifted kids can occasionally "grow out" of Montessori but, that said, my DD3 is in one and loves it (3-6 class)

A
    Auna Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Thanks so much for all the feedback. I am not certain why I was not receiving any alerts on this topic, perhaps they went in my spam box? I just assumed that no one had responded to this topic. LOL I am glad I came back and checked it out.

The boys have both been accepted to Montessori Peaks Academy. I am not sure if this is the direction we will go as I think we would still need to find a home in that district. Does anyone have experience with this school? I love the Montessori school my youngest is in right now and it will be hard to beat it. It sits on 10 acres and it is school without "feeling" like school. We have been in "bad" Montessori programs before and I know it is easy to get into one. My husband has toured the school and I plan on going out soon to also take a tour and would like to have a few others lined up to visit. The people running MPA seem very responsive and nice.

I am still looking at the other districts and schools. I am just struggling with his scores and if he would be accepted into the programs or if I need to do anything else to ensure placement. He had really good scores on the WRIT and the WJ-III scoring in the 144% in math but this year he took the CogAt when he was sick and did not do as well. I know most of the schools in Denver go off of the CogAT scores and I am worried that his CogAt scores will hurt him. Is anyone familiar with the WRIT and the WJ-III? Would you suggest us doing a different type of testing?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM