Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 83 of 268 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 267 268
    This isn't a normal gifted brag because, well, I showed him what to do. And besides it's an easy word with really no diagonals or curvy letters. But I'm proud of his hard work. Here's my son's very first written word- copied, not traced two days ago. He'll turn 3 in the middle of October.
    http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad296/Hablame_today/9344beb8.jpg
    Here's a tougher one I gave him yesterday to try. It's not quite as readable, but it is his second attempt at copying words ever. It's a tough one with all the humps, diagonals and curves.
    http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad296/Hablame_today/3b348c21.jpg

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    B
    B
    It went great! We got lot's of compliments, almost everyone who was there stopped to listen for a while (wasn't a very busy time/area, so that really wasn't too many people) but it was still a good confidence booster. Someone asked her if she'd applied Juilliard yet (she looks a few years older than she really is).

Not really a brag in the gifted department but definitely one showing the maturity of DD.

DD's birthday is this month and we decided she was ready to have her ear's pierced. On the way over to the mall DD said in a matter of fact way that having her ears' pierced was going to hurt and then asked me if it would. I said it shouldn't but the pop sound from the gun might scare you a little. I half-expected at that point she would change her mind, but she was ready. We had to wait for others to finish up before getting her's done but DD was patient and picked out her earrings. When it was her time she climbed up into the chair and sat there by herself and waited patiently while they marked and remarked her ears for the holes. Okay ... Mommy IS a perfectionist so it took them a while. wink

When they finally did do her ears she was so still and never cried. She didn't even flinch! They thought she was in shock but the minute they said they were done she climbed out of the chair and ran over to the mirror to take a look at her earrings and then when we left the store she gave me a huge smile and said I was quiet. I guess she figured that was the mature way of handling it.

O
    O
    That's a cute story. My daughter is 7 and I know she wants earrings but is still too scared.

M
    MES Offline
    M
    My DD had hers pierced at six and all seemed to go fine until bedtime that evening when she suddenly wanted to go back to get the holes. In between hysterical sobs, I discerned that she somehow envisioned donut holes, or in this case "ear holes" that we had left at the store. Sorry.

LOL ... thanks for sharing that MES! Too cute. So far no screams for leftover pieces, but she hasn't liked the cleaning routine since it stings for the first few days. However, she hasn't run away from the chore and takes it like a trooper and has noticed that the pain is a lot less which is proving to her that they are healing.

A friend of mine shared a internet link that showed a grain of rice and other small items that magnified down to an atom, showing the atom to be the smallest thing. My dd5 looked at it and said where's the proton, electron and nucleus inside the atom? my mommy brag of the day smile

A
    A
    Originally Posted by Skylersmommy
    My dd5 looked at it and said where's the proton, electron and nucleus inside the atom?

She might like this, then: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/525347

Originally Posted by PMc
    At the library while standing in line for Story time DS 22mos.
    read a sign that said Make a splash for youth, make waves at your
    library, read! Out of the corner of my eye I saw a mom elbow another and point to him, then they both shook their heads. 0ne of them said, they must come here a lot and he has it memorized.
    DS had never seen he sign before.

Love this smile

Is it okay if I just brag that I have an absolutely gorgeous kid that I'm madly in love with?

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad296/Hablame_today/b62f7f7c.jpg

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    Page 83 of 268 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM