Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 213 guests, and 20 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    J
    OP Offline
    J
    What online computer games/programs have you found to be fun and helpful and building speed for math facts? Second grader, who works at 3rd-4th grade math level. Looking for Multiplication but also addition and subtraction. Thanks~

N
    N
    Hi, my daughter liked Timez attack. We just used the free version, though you can get a paid version which gives you different 'locations'. It covers multiplication, division, addition and subtraction.

T
    T
    We love this site! It has a wide variety of math games and has scores and place rankings on every game, plus high scores of the day. It has really helped my DD9's speed.

http://www.arcademicskillbuilders.com/

S
    S
    Depends on the kid. xtramath.org is just straight facts practice, friendly, and to-the-point. I've found that smart kids who don't particularly enjoy fact fluency practice actually don't mind it as much because there's no BS to get through. You log on, practice (the guy makes funny faces and such, but there's no video game environment or anything), get your score, log off. Some kids like more "story," but for kids who just want to practice and be done, it's great. And free. And no ads. And easy.

M
    M
    Hi there, it's funny because I was looking for the same thing the other day as my son is trying to get me to help him with his maths. I did find this article about brainetics http://www.squidoo.com/brainetics-reviews which looks like it could be a way of developing the right and left sides of the brain. Many of us are stronger in one side of the brain and not the other. I believe that left brain people are more analytical and the right brain dominance is more creative/visual. So the exercises in Brainetics apparently develop both sides. I also hear that there are lots of tricks to be able to solve equations and sums much easier and quicker.

I will let you know how we get on and see if it actually helps my son or not. Stay tuned.

J
    J
    DD7 likes sumdog.com. Free membership (or premium with more reporting options). Kids compete with other kids. System tracks each student's progress and moves through math facts as appropriate.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM