Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 213 guests, and 20 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    WHAT!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

I didn't know you were so sensitive. frown

I'll make sure to send you some extra PM's.

You know I luv ya baby!

Neato

Ania,

I balked a little at the price myself, but it was perfect for my girls, 5 and 8. I'll probably order a few more for the summer.
    I figure supplementing like this is still cheaper than private school. Plus they really liked it!

Neato

Originally Posted by incogneato
    WHAT!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

I didn't know you were so sensitive.

Nah, I'm just joshing! grin Things have been too quiet, so I'm stirring up trouble. You're always fun for trouble! wink

And on a serious note, I am thinking about curriculum recommendations, alee. We mostly just use the library this year for any old book that catches our fancy, and then we use Singapore Math. Cheap, child-led, and easy. Not wildly focused yet, but hey, he's 6! I don't think we need to be wildly focused! smile

My primary thought for you, though, is to ask if you know what style of homeschooling you're going to practice, at least at first. Buying ANYTHING before you consider how you're going to home school is putting the cart before the horse and is going to waste money and time--mostly money!

Check out this website to get some idea about philosophy before you spend the money on anything:

http://www.homeschooldiner.com/guide/intro/galaxy.html

There are others out there, but this gives a nice overview to get you thinking. At least it provides a list of the usual methods that people use. We're eclectic, since it means we can do whatever the heck we feel like doing any old time we want to! smile I'm considering unit studies for next year, though. I won't research it until the summer though, when things slow down, so we'll see...

Kriston
    Thanks Kriston!
    Just yesterday, DD8 was complaining about school again! She actually said "I have to sit around for 6 1/2 hours, I'm bored".
    After everything they have done at school to accomodate her!
    I think she is just bored this week. It's spring break and we haven't done too many interesting things.

Between the two girls, I sometimes feel like I am playing whack-a-mole!!

Neato

Originally Posted by incogneato
    Between the two girls, I sometimes feel like I am playing whack-a-mole!!Neato

There's a joke in there somewhere, but darned if I'm going to find it without getting myself in trouble! LOL!

But seriously, sorry for your troubles, 'Neato. It's so hard to deal with some days, isn't it? All work and no play for us moms.

Kriston
    A
    alee31 Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    OK! Thanks, everyone! I'm grateful we are starting this early in the game...seems like it will be easier to find our way without any pressure.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM