Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 165 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 73 of 268 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 267 268
    LOL .. love it JJMom's. And really ... good for him. A sign that he will not be a quiet participate in his education.

J
    J
    He may be "louder" than I am... and another bragging moment. He did really well on his CRCT (achievement test). His teacher said he made a perfect score on the reading portion.

And for those of that remember, DS6 is a perfectionist, so I have him playing baseball to keep him grounded and so he understands he doesn't have to be perfect at everything. And bam, this year he made all stars! WHAT? On to find something new he's not so good at!!! wink wink wink

Today is proud momma day in my house! smile

C
    C
    My 6 year old just showed me how he built his first FM radio with the Snap Circuit set he has ... It was about 24 pieces to put together from just a picture.

It has volume control and a rudimentary channel scan

DS9 - Starting 9th grade
    DS7 - Starting 5th grade
    N
    N
    I forgot to post the message from my Mother's Day card from DS7--just saw it again and had to share. Only here would anyone understand this. smile

Happy Mother's Day! You are great, you are nice, you are as graceful as love x 6 / 9 x 6 (to the power of)7,657!

Actually written with divide sign and superscript, but I can't make it do that here. LOL!

Love all the new brags!

JJ: it sounds like you have a well-rounded son there and making the all stars' team is a big deal. I remember my cousins and the joy and accomplishment they felt when they made the team.

Cawdor: You will have to let us know what his next project is ... can only imagine he will be looking to do even more complex ones after the radio!

Nautigal: Thanks for sharing the mother's day card. I love her choice of power. It made me giggle.

Yes, great stories, love the one about Bear's work wowing the high school teacher, Wyldkat!

We visited the family night for the gt pull out program my ds9 is in, and got to view the various centers he's been working on, and the group roller coaster project. He learned a lot about gears and built a cool target game with a lego engineering center which he really enjoyed. He is now speeding through a Mythology center to wrap up the year on a 'high' as mythology is a big favorite for him. He is very excited and doing really well. Best of all his anxiety about being perfect at school has substantially subsided, I am not sure why, but he is much much more relaxed if he doesn't get an 'A' on something.

Dd4 is becoming a very polite reasonable little girl, compared with the last several months of 'No No No', so I am really proud of her maturity and willingness to listen more and more often. It is such a relief.

A
    A
    I was pretty impressed when my 5 yr old finished the first two 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' books in a week each...until he finished the next two in a day each! He's a little dismayed that he needs to wait until fall for the next one.

L
    L
    Ds6 told me today he wants to study spiders when he grows up so we looked up what that was called. Arachnologist. I asked him if he wanted to write that down. Of course, he didn't because he hates to write. Dd3, as usual, chimes in and says that she wants to write it (she is really excited about it too) so I get out a piece of paper, write the word out and she proceeds to write ARACHNOLOGIST on her paper as if she writes such words all the time. I am completely floored by how much she loves to write things. It's tough when you have one that absolutely hates doing something and then to have little sister come along and do things with such ease - they are both really smart but she is going to give him a run for his money.

T
    T
    DS4 and I have a game where we'll go back and forth for a while like this:

"I love you"
    "I love you too"
    "I love you three"
    "I love you 40 million" etc...

Usually it's just random numbers until we get to billions of googols or infinity. But yesterday, it went like this:

DS: "I love you 11"
    Me: "I love you 22"
    DS (catching on): "I love you 33"
    Me: "I love you 44"...

We went all the way to 198 before I had to skip ahead to a million--mental math was never my strong suit. :-)

A
    A
    I really like this idea because I'm finding the same problem!

I'm proud of my almost 5 yr. old daughter's ability to do so many things. It's great that she is sitting at my husband's computer perusing the Nick Jr. website for games while I'm bragging about her here! :o)

Page 73 of 268 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM