Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

Beat ya both!!!

..And the thread is successfully sidetracked!

Waaaaaaaay to go, ladies! It's good to have a skill, and this seems to be our particular one.

<blowing a kiss to the patient Ann, whose sense of humor will surely allow her to overlook our monkeyshines on her thread>

(tee-hee-hee!)

Kriston
    Now, now, this is an exhibition, not a competition. Competitive parenting is over on the "Isolation" thread...Waaaaaaaaay over on the "Isolation" thread!

Kriston
    It's probably a ball that needs to be dropped.

As we say around our house, "It was funny once; it wasn't funny five times."

And so, with full knowledge and forethought, I break the chain! Keep 'em wanting more!

Kriston
    Yup, funny 6 or 7 times at least. laugh Thanks for playing Dottie and E&CMom! Good times!

And, yes, the self-contained nature of the school and the surprisingly high scores required bode well for the school and finding true peers. I'd definitely keep a close eye on that option, Ann!

Kriston
    Ann Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by Dottie
    And oh my gosh Ann, your son is what....3? You are SO FAR AHEAD of where I was at that age!!!!! (With practice and determination, you too can become a score junkie, grin !)

He'll turn 3 on Nov. 5. For his third birthday DS has asked if he can drive a combine harvester. crazy I sure hope he changes his mind b/c I don't think I can make that happen.

What about the saying "ignorance is bliss." I thought I'd send you a copy of his scores in a few years and have you patiently explain them to me. grin

Ann Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    Yeah, the salad days of GT denial, before my rude awakening to GT reality! :p Testing wasn't even a blip on my radar screen when DS was 2 or 3 or even 4! The school tested him for GT (teacher ID) when he was in K and almost 6, but I didn't even ask to see the scores until 6 months later and he was having trouble in school. (DUH!) But at the time, I figured they had IDd him as GT, so what more did I need to know. LOGs weren't something I was considering. Then I saw his outrageously high scores (I thought) and realized I had some learning to do!

I can't imagine what you must have thought/felt when you saw your DS's scores. shocked

DS's pediatrician, current teacher, and two prior teachers have each told me that I should have DS tested. I've sat here staring at my monitor thinking really? - why? - are you sure? DS seems like a ND 2yo w/ a larger vocab...maybe MG...but I can't imagine more than that. The concept seems too far removed from reality.

Speaking of ND 2y/o behavior: Tonight, after DS rode his tricycle around the block, I told DS it was time to go home. He told me "I'll see you later Mom. I'm going to the park." Cut to rampant emotionalism when I said no.

By nature I'm a worrier and a planner. When I heard about this school my (true confessions style) initial thought was -- I wouldn't have to rely on DH to provide for DS's education. Anything *free* gives me more breathing room/options.

Ann Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    ..And the thread is successfully sidetracked!

Waaaaaaaay to go, ladies! It's good to have a skill, and this seems to be our particular one.

<blowing a kiss to the patient Ann, whose sense of humor will surely allow her to overlook our monkeyshines on her thread>

(tee-hee-hee!)

Feel free to always stray from one of my threads. I enjoy the silliness. It makes me laugh. What's not to like about that? wink

Ah, so much ignorance, so much bliss! LOL!

Kriston
    Planning ahead seems very prudent, especially with the extra load you're shouldering. And a truly good FREE school for HG+ kids is something I would give my right arm for!

Ignorance may be bliss--just ask me!--but I think you're a wise, wise woman to think ahead, Ann!

Kriston
    Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM