Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 137 of 268 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 267 268
    Due to the change in where he goes to school, Mr W (4) has not had lessons in 6 weeks. He has missed his piano teacher and she has missed him. This week he started his private piano lessons and is really enjoying them, working off sheet music and incorporating vocals. He told her when they had played a bit that the piano sounded wrong at the higher notes and she verified that it was out of tune.

M
    M
    Before bed this evening, my son (who is just over 3) said, "I'm not going to use the potty until I'm 99 years old." I'm not sure whether to brag or sob...

A
    A
    Originally Posted by mcswones
    Before bed this evening, my son (who is just over 3) said, "I'm not going to use the potty until I'm 99 years old." I'm not sure whether to brag or sob...

Oh, yeah, I remember that. I think at our house it was that she'd stop calling me to wipe after she went when she was 10.

I'm pleased to say she did not hold out as long as she planned, so there's hope that yours won't, either. wink

M
    M
    Thank goodness!

DSalmost3 wrote a book. It includes a picture entitled "a world with wires" which looks pretty much like a wild impressionistic drawing of a... ball made of wires. Which says little about his drawing skill, but much about his ability to sort out what things look like wink

And for his next trick... he was in quite a mood today, and he had me write (beside the drawing he put into a comment box which asked the quesiton "what should Canada do with its rainforest?") That he had drawn them a picture of a cut-down tree on their tree which had been cut down and cut into tiny pieces. (which I am assuming is the paper. I did not know he knew how to make paper, but can see at least 18 000 ways he could possibly have learned.)

-Mich

DS1: Hon, you already finished your homework
    DS2: Quit it with the protesting already!
    S
    S
    Aww my little guy, Boo just turned 5, won the library book contest at school. I doubt it was much challenge for him since he's in prek and reading at 3rd grade level but still... His first award yay! Also finally got him gifted tested and found out he's 99.9% but was super proud that the testing lady said he was such a gentleman =]... I've done my job hehe. Working on acceleration to 1st grade for next year. And lastly I got him a "how to draw pokemon" book and he was having issues because of his perfectionism but the last 2 days he had a great time drawing a few of the pokemon with no melt downs! Yay... I'm sure many of you must know what the drawing / perfectionism thing is like =]. So glad he's learning to handle discrepancies between his mind and physical abilities.

Our daughter is ranked first in her class. She is in her freshman year in high school. For years, she had so much trouble turning in homework and organizing herself. Suddenly, she is taking care of all of it herself. Yea!

U
    U
    DS, just turned 4, seemingly effortlessly wrote this Valentine's card by himself without any help or anything in sight to remind him of how these words are spelled:

Happy Valentinse Day
    Love, (DS)

(He explained to me that he put an "e" on the end of "Valentinse" because of the long "I.")

He also spelled "weathervane" in fridge magnets the other day (well, "wethrvane"--pretty darn close).

Last edited by ultramarina; 02/17/12 08:27 AM.
    C
    C
    aahh, that's sweet!

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail
    W
    W
    Wolf (7): Do scientists know how many light years it is to the next dimension?

Me to Wolf and Bear after an add showing a kid playing with fire, "You know fire isn't a toy right?" (mainly for Bear's enlightenment)

Wolf in reply, "Of course it isn't! It's a chemical reaction!"

I couldn't find a funny things kids say thread, but both of these made me want to tell people, so I guess they can go here.

Page 137 of 268 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM