Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 258 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
    O
    O
    I wish I could send some Chicken soup. Feel better soon.

Thanks, onthegomom, we are all better now, but it took a few days. I'll take some virtual chicken soup, thank you smile

So back to the dungeon: I through out all my class notes from my last degree. I'm not sure why I still had them. Felt very cathartic!

My next goal is to tackle the paper-clutter pigeon holes built into the bookshelf. I don't even really know what is in half of those.

O
    O
    GeoMamma- are you going to do the whole flylady program?

I still have not started. I'm just doing a few things on my own. I'm hoping I can get my bedroom and closet cleaned up soon. After that I want to start the fly lady program. Maybe someone here will do it with me. That would make it more fun. OR maybe I'll recruit a friend I know that wants her house more organized.

#86768 10/06/10 05:34 PM
    The ultimate flylady test - we're moving!!!!! Cue scary music. Actually I am oddly excited in that now I HAVE to clean everything and sort and throw stuff out. So by some point in 2011 I will only have stuff I love, I need, or fits into very narrowly proscribed criteria for being saved!!!
    But I do fear going into the back of some closets that I haven't been into since we moved in here!!!

DeHe

Onthegomom - I've been doing the flylady thing for years now. I really have found it incredibly useful to me.

kcab - it was amazing how much of a difference it made. It's just paper but it felt really good. smile

DeHe - I found flylady things really helped with our move interstate. She has something on her website and I used that a lot. And yes, we got rid of HEAPS of things when we moved. It was great. Good luck with your move!

Last edited by GeoMamma; 10/07/10 03:31 AM.
    Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    DeHe- Good luck with your move, and I love your vision of your new life.

Kcab - good for your for saying: 'This is who I am right now - this is who I am not right now' by throwing away those papers that no longer make you smile. How sweet that your daughter loves your early work. I like to digitize that sort of thing when it gets too large. I love your flexibility to move on to another part of the house when you weren't sure - there is always another part of the house to do, so why not?

GeoMamma - ((happy dance for you!))

OTG - I'm sure you are doing 'flylady' in a way that is just right for you. The Fly is big into going slow and establishing routines before adding new steps to the dance - which sounds exactly like your plan to me.

I looked around my house today and it was so NEAT! Very nurturing. Hummmm.

Blissed Out,
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    O
    O
    Originally Posted by Grinity
    OTG - I'm sure you are doing 'flylady' in a way that is just right for you. The Fly is big into going slow and establishing routines before adding new steps to the dance - which sounds exactly like your plan to me.

I quess that's true.

This thread happened live at the end of my pregnancy. I couldn't keep up. With the daily suggestions. I could hardly keep up with the bare necessities, feed the family. Take out the trash. Do the dishes. Change the diapers. I was overweight, dizzy, exhausted, and could barely move. I tried to do what I could as I could and flylady's 15 minutes at a time thing made everything better than it would have been otherwise. As I recovered from giving birth I did more of the flylady's routines while I was getting stronger everyday. Now it's close to 3 months later and I'm fine. I even ride a bicycle w/kid's trailer a few blocks to the post office. I'm recovered health-wise. I did a fly-lady style crisis clean, tackled my washmore. Dust the zones. The house ain't perfect but there's consistent improvement. I almost went through and did an old-fashioned three day straight scrub-a-thon where my house becomes spotless. I considered it. With my old way of doing things i was more efficient and better and produced a spotless clean. But there were days that the house got bad enough I'd hope nobody came over unannounced. With the flylady routines I should always be comfortable if somebody shows up to my house unexpected. for now I'm going to stick with trying to improve my consistency in following the flylady routines and establishing my perfecting cleaning habits rather than cleaning my house perfectly. And this is one major life change in myself from a gifted child's mind to a gifted mommy's mind. Cocoon

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    Thanks Grinnity, I'm going to dub you a guide or a guru. <3

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    La Tex - I woke up thinking about this very thread! I'm so proud of you for the babysteps and flywashing you are experiencing. I can't believe you are in such good shape with a little 3 month old in the house - WOW!

I started the thread to help me through my son being away at boarding school for the first time. He came home for winter break last weekend and I was just thinking how I'm sticking to my routines independently of his whereabouts, and I'm so proud of me.

F-L-Y stands for finally loving myself! I don't call it the 'empty nest' I call it the 'slightly used, nurturing nest' and I'm right in the center of it.

And DS14 is super-cute, super-mature, super-fun to have around. yippee!
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM