Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 216 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    OP Offline
    OK - this would go in the cafe chat forum, when it arrives, but, since it's not here, I'm going to share my "cute kid story."

Someone once told me that all little boys think their mothers are the prettiest. I thought I�d test this when I came into the room last night where DS4 and DH were watching Deal or No Deal. As all the beautiful models walked out, I asked my darling son, �Are any of those women as pretty as I am?� He said yes. I asked if all of them were. He said, �No, some of them are prettier.�

Ask a stupid question...

Look at the bright side: you're prettier than some of them! And they get paid to be pretty! I think that's probably good news.

Plus you know you're not raising a liar, right? <grin>

Kriston
    K
    K
    ROFL ... that's so cute, St. Pauli. As Kriston said, it could have been worse!

My DS raved about my beauty for a couple years. For a while we thought he was going to have a bright future as a used car salesman. He burst my bubble last year. I ordered a swimsuit that arrived in the mail. I opened it up in front of him and he said "Are you sure that's going to fit over your butt?". Ummm ... yep. Thanks son.

On the bright side, DD3 will find models in catalogs with the same coloring as me and swear they look just like me! So good for the ego. She's due to burst my bubble any day.

Originally Posted by kimck
    I ordered a swimsuit that arrived in the mail. I opened it up in front of him and he said "Are you sure that's going to fit over your butt?". Ummm ... yep. Thanks son.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

grin

Kriston
    M
    M
    That is adorable...

About a week ago my mom (who I must say is a very hip 55 y.o.)was watching DS2. She was making supper and had the national news on. The anchor was a 50 something woman. DS said, "that is an old lady." My mom asked him, "Am I an old lady." He replied, "yep you are an old lady, and mommy is a new lady because she is cute."

Oh I could just squeeze his little cheeks!!

Flattering, but not quite as cute, we were in the grocery store a few days later and the cashier was asking DS2 how old he is. (which by the way, he insists that he is 3, and people believe him because of how well he talks) He told her, "I am 3 and I am big. You are an old lady and my mommy is a new lady." All I could do was shake my head and laugh.

M
    M
    Originally Posted by kimck
    On the bright side, DD3 will find models in catalogs with the same coloring as me and swear they look just like me! So good for the ego. She's due to burst my bubble any day.

DS2 swore up and down this morning that I was in the newspaper. It was Ashlee Simpson.

Wow! I had no idea you were a celebrity, mamabird/Ashlee! Nice nose job!

<smirk>

Kriston
    BTW, my DS3 always raves enthusiastically about how "pretty" I look when I get dressed up to go out to dinner with DH for our weekly date. Naturally I kiss him and thank him and generally fuss over his when he does this. After the love-fest, DS3 walks away with a you-know-what-eating grin on his face, and DH mutters to him, "kiss-up."

It happens almost every week, and it cracks me up every time. smile

Kriston
    M
    M
    I have to admit though, DS2 definitely thinks very highly of himself too. Last night at supper, DH was talking about what he has to do today at work.

DS kept saying "shh, quite daddy."

DH told him, "we are talking buddy."

DS, "are you talking about me."

DH, "nope we are talking about work."

DS, "well talk about me!"

LOL!

Kriston

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM