I found an online site, www.matts-hideout.co.uk/mystory.php with lots of useful information for my son to read about dyspraxia. It includes a very good "My Story" written by a boy who sounds similar to my son in a lot of ways. He even belonged to a theater group like my son. He describes some very difficult experiences with teachers who did not understand and did things that left him feeling humiliated in the classroom. He also talked about how it felt to be bullied. When his parents sent him to school he learned how cruel children and adults could be. He says the first few years of his life were hell but in looking back he thinks it made him a better person and it made him strive to prove the people who doubted him wrong and to show that he is not a "stupid little boy who'll never amount to anything, but an intelligent, bright young man, who could go on to follow his dreams and become whatever he wants." He is in college now, so there is a happy ending.

He talked about how his parents had to homeschool when teachers continued to complain that he didn't work fast enough even after his parents explained his problems. The school denied that he was bullied.

I enjoyed reading his "Dyspraxia Campaign." He lives in the UK and I live in the US, yet I got similar results with my letter writing campaign. My letters to legislators and emails to the governor and Dept. of Education were ignored and there is nothing we can really do because we are such a minority.