Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    S
    sydness Offline OP
    OP Offline
    S
    Start her on a new language, teach her how to build a Rube-Goldberg project and the physics behind it. Have her learn Origami, Chess and 3-D tanagrams.

Ummm...who would teach her those things. LOL! I never took physics in my life and I only know English and what on earth is a tanagram...lol..:)

I do teach her what I can. She learned to knit when she was 6. She loves to draw. She keeps a Blog and likes to use Photoshop..:) Cause I know it well and am able to show her how. I feel like everything I know how to do, she learns quickly and I am running out of things to show her...Although she certainly has a way to go to perfect some of her skills. If she could get a sound out of the flute, I would teach her that...but she can't. She took a year of piano and sometimes learns a little more on her own.

I CAN play chess, however, and so can she. I bet we are a good match. She has my DH genetic make-up! He went to college at 14, full time. Not, me. smile BUT, since he's the smart one, he's also the working one. So, he can't do a lot of teaching.

smile

S
    sydness Offline OP
    OP Offline
    S
    HEY! I did that quote thing! Do you know how long I've been trying to figure that out!?

Sydness,

Learn it together! Rube Goldberg is basically a "build a better mousetrap" using things that are laying around the house. Buy Rosetta Stone, google your butt off! DS8 and I have learned so many things together. He actually appreciates this more than just sharing information. He watches me struggle to understand new concepts and he feels great about the effort it takes. When he can, he helps me through the spots that confuse me, it's awesome!

You can learn anything if you choose to. With the internet there are directions, videos, places to ask questions, everything you need.

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM