Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 64 of 268 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 267 268
    O
    O
    Did they ask for his ID? LOL

P
    P
    Mine is a visual person. She has remembered all the commercials. When she was two she would name them when they first came on. Geico, Chili's etc. Now she is into infomercials and "As Seen on TV." Every time her puppy has an accident she says, "Mommy, we need a potty patch." And when I am cooking she thinks I should buy a ChopIt.

W
    W
    Wolf (5.6) just read the book "Flat Stanley" in less than 1/2 hour. It was his first "official" chapter book and I had no idea he could read that fast a comprehend it all!!! I went through and asked him a ton of questions and he answered all of them. I know he is reading about early 3rd grade plus or minus half a year, but he's never really gotten into a book like that before.

P
    P
    So, this is really just a tribute to the creative solutions our little ones come up with. My 4 year old has had a little bit of an attitude this month. She got in trouble a couple days ago for calling me stupid. She almost said it again yesterday but stopped herself and replaced the word stupid with her new word "furley". So all day I had to hear about how "furley" everything was. She loves making up secret adjectives. She thinks I can't figure out what they mean:)

W
    W
    I'm not sure how much of a brag this is, but it was very funny and I wanted to share.

Bear was on Starfall and his stuffed cat was the one using the mouse (with his help). He's a secret reader and I was trying to trick him into reading for Grandma so I asked if Kitty could read the text on the page. He said, "No, Kitty isn't real." He wouldn't even pretend. I can't even trick him into it!!! LOL

O
    O
    DD7 approached the school librian yesterday to ask for some above grade level books. WOW am I proud of her! (I appreciate her self advocacy becuase DS9 wouldn't do this.)

Last night, she was reading A Little Princess by Burnett for 9+. It's amazing how quickly she has progressed.

this is my favorite thread. I can't go around saying this stuff to many people I know. thanks.

Last edited by onthegomom; 02/11/10 08:44 AM.
    O
    O
    DS is the top student in a 600+ student math contest. He has one more test to do and then the winner is determined.

My ds7 read Matilda by Dahl in two days took a accelrator test passed with 100% Then enjoyed the movie later on that night and loved the comparing and contrasting afterwards. The satisfied smile on his face and the excitement in his laugh was mesmerizing.

DD7 (just had her birthday!) asked my DH if atoms could be cut in half. The interesting part was the long intellectual discussion that followed. Is this my kid? And where did this man (DH) learn about all of this, she is truly her fathers daughter. So glad she asked him and not me, she would have gotten the short version. smile

Mr W was counting out loud in his bed last night.

1-2-3-4

2-3-4-5

3-4-5-6

4-5-6-7

And so on up to ten as the starting point.

I am becoming convinced there is a lot going on in his mind we do not know anything about.

Page 64 of 268 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM