Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 99 guests, and 25 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 132 of 268 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 267 268
    CFK-
    Congratulations!!!!!! Thank you for sharing such happy news!

H
    H
    Congrats, CFK!

Well done!

Wow! Great job CFK and good luck to DS!

CFK - that is awesome news! Congrats to you and your DS. I hope you do pop by occasionally, as I have gotten a lot of great advice from you.

S
    S
    Congrats CFK!! awesome to read about your child's success!

I have a cute Nick quote-
    we were tucking him in last night, and he still sleeps with 'Lovie'- a giraffe/blanket thing with a rattly head. We have several that we rotate/wash from when he was a baby. My DH handed Nick his Lovie for that night, and we noticed Lovie was MUTE his 'rattle' noise was gone/broken. Nick took one look at him and said, "That Lovie is a dead ringer!" and burst into laughter.
    smile

C
    C
    Congreats CFK .. hopefully our boy can get where yours is soon .....

This is DS7 at his Christmas recital this weekend

Last edited by Cawdor; 12/19/11 06:32 AM.

DS9 - Starting 9th grade
    DS7 - Starting 5th grade
    L
    L
    I love to read success stories. Thank you for posting yours. I hope to be able to write about how my twice-exceptional son successfully managed to learn everything he needed to learn by homeschooling while simultaneously dealing with disabilities that cause frequent, sometimes distracting pain.

He has been asking me if I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel for him after reading the "We are the 99 percent" letters online. Some of these letters were written by young adults that had finished college and couldn't find jobs. Most of them don't mention having disabilities.

I tell him that he does have what it takes to make it despite the disabilities because his intelligence and his ability to express himself so articulately and his ability to not give up even though he can't see that light at the end of the tunnel will carry him through.

As an example of his ability to succeed in spite the disabilities, Saturday night he did a really good job playing Linus in A Charlie Brown Christmas. An hour before he was to perform he started getting a bad migraine and the headache pill was not yet working. He knew if it got to the point of no return (throwing up) that he might not be able to perform. He also knew that grandfather, who had not seen him perform in years was going to be there to see him. He got up out of bed, got himself ready, and when he got on stage he became Linus. Even though he had been getting used to a new painful scoliosis brace and having frequent migraines he was still able to learn his lines and act his part well. Several people told me they could hear him and understand what he was saying better than some of the other kids who do not have any disabilities at all. Most people are surprised to find out that he has disabilities because he is able to compensate so well. There was a lot of applause from the audience after he finished telling Charlie Brown what Christmas was all about and his grandfather was very proud of him.

Originally Posted by Cawdor
    Congreats CFK .. hopefully our boy can get where yours is soon .....

This is DS7 at his Christmas recital this weekend

I love this. Such a little man!

[Linked Image from i945.photobucket.com]

4 yrs � + 3mos. The artist takes his�
    Next step! ! He followed the directions from Jan Brett's online video "how to draw a chicken". �
    I erased the line at the head and neck and explained to him to "make m's & w's" for the comb on the chicken's head and feathers on it's neck. �Also when he tried to draw one line for the chicken's leg I pointed out that "she (Brett) drew two lines on the leg". � I paused & started the video as he worked.
    He's obviously not in preschool because when she said to draw a square for the beak he drew a perfect square. �:D �that boy sure can follow some directions though! �And he seems to have a gr8 sense of scale a lot of times!

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    F
    F
    thats awesome La Texican.. I might have to look up those videos for dd!

Page 132 of 268 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Detracking
    by indigo - 03/16/24 08:23 PM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by lll - 03/07/24 06:51 PM
    Chicago suburbs - private VS public schools
    by lll - 03/03/24 10:14 AM
    Patents and Trademarks and Rights, oh my...!
    by indigo - 03/02/24 01:03 PM
    529 savings for private high school?
    by lululo4321 - 02/27/24 05:28 PM