Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    2 members (jenjunpr, aeh), 161 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    #115233 11/01/11 05:15 AM
    OP Offline
    I thought our troubles would be over when DD8 tested "gifted" with the school administered test last spring, but no such luck.

so today, FINALLY, we will start the in depth assessment process! IQ today and since we left the school, I don't have the same constraints on my time so it's possible we can get it done sooner I hope...

Just wanted to share that hopefully I will start getting some REAL answers now...and I'm a little afraid of what we might find out, lol!

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...
    A
    A
    Wishing you and your DD both a stress-free and illuminating evaluation process!

T
    T
    I hope it is a fabulous experience for you both. My son still talks about it as being so much fun months later.

OP Offline
    I told her we are going to a "brain doctor" who wants to know what's going on in her head and that she is going to play brain games today...she's pretty excited, I think wink

I know I am!

F
    F
    Let us know how it goes! We are looking at testing in December!

S
    S
    Will be thInking positive thoughts for you and Butter today. *hugs* momma. Today is my phone consult with Mr B's therapist.

~SDMom
    Every step taken is on the right path even if we don't know exactly where it will take us.
    S
    S
    I happy for you! You're finally going to get some answers. Don't let the waiting stress you out, I'm sure you'll feel a ton of relief when you have evidence of what your dealing with.

OP Offline
    DD LOVED playing the "brain games" but since we are changing schools, not just trying to get them to give her something different, we are also having achievment testing next week. Maybe sooner if she has a cancellation...and she will go over IOWA for us.

Our district is in SHAMBLES especially as far as gifted education goes. Our evaluator used to be an advisor to the district, so we need to spend time with her and she will be able to advise us in a better school placement, but it's complicated by the fact that what little money we have might be gone next year and who knows what will happen???

She also already is laying out the DYS brochure and talking about talent searches so I know she knows her stuff. We don't really have answers yet, but we are going somewhere...

S
    S
    So happy that she had a good day. That's awesome that she knows our district so well. I need to check with the hubs and see where he's at on the testing issue, I've finally got him considering the homeschooling side...

~SDMom
    Every step taken is on the right path even if we don't know exactly where it will take us.
    OP Offline
    seriously? StayPuft doesn't know if you should test Mr B? Dr L says if you go homeschool, you NEED to find out where he is academically. You need to give your cirriculum a jumping off point.

I think you should take Mr B out of that school, but I'm going as fast as I can, not just for us, but maybe we can help you too, kwim?

Butter was very comfortable with Dr L right away and I think she enjoyed a morning of someone telling her how great she was doing and admiring her instead of telling her the myriad ways in which she failed to meet expectations...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM