Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    Originally Posted by 2giftgirls
    oh Kate, I mean that in a good way. I have been waiting for someone to tell me. Last year's teacher told us to take her somewhere else and now I see what she really meant.

Oh, I get it. She's on your side. Phew!

OP Offline
    SDMom and ColinsMum-I think it's important to find the right group of homeschoolers to associate with because people do it for so many reasons and some are lazy about it. SDMom knows a group of religious homeschoolers would never work for Butter, who thinks we should go back to worshiping the Greek gods (they are more interesting, lol!) Her comments caused quite the sensation in the 2nd grade last year, where several of her friends were making their first communion.

I think both the homeschool options we are looking at are good places to find other HS friends to hang out with...

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...
    P
    P
    2gift: I am SO happy to read your updates. As I said on another thread your whole story made me sad and brought me back to the terrible situation my dd had in school last year. These recent posts are bringing back the relief I felt the last day when dd said "I am NOT going back to this school!" and I could promise her she would not have to go back there ever again. It sounds like a great plan - homeschool until winter break while you get your testing done and examine your options. You will be viewed as a take-charge parent who WILL have a say in her child's education. As was said upthread you and your dd will likely know almost immediately if a new school is a good fit. And I can tell you from our experience this year the right teacher who "gets" your child and her situation along with a school who wants to work with you makes all the difference in the world.

Thanks for making my day!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM