Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 264 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
    dd7 is reading horrible sceince books and magazines and the secret garden (she discovered the classics)
    dd8 is reading the princess academy - it's a school assignment

Originally Posted by Skylersmommy
    dd7 is reading horrible sceince books and magazines and the secret garden (she discovered the classics)

We have the general horrible science one - love it, I think I like it as much as DS 5.5!!! Can't wait to get more. Are the magazines worth it, aren't different enough from the books?

DeHe

Originally Posted by keet
    Originally Posted by epoh
    DS7 is reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. He's also reading a terrible book from his school library called "Super Diaper Baby" ugh.

The best part about books like that is having my rather proper mother call to say, "Ds left 'Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets' here."

I must admit, I had quite the giggle saying "Deputy Doody" lol!

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...
    S
    S
    DD 6...reading trying to read all the Catwings books in a day and DD9 is reading Dancing Shoes.

S
    S
    DS almost 3 is reading the MTH book on Thanksgiving and The Nutcracker. He also reads a book on digestion over and over again.

Originally Posted by DeHe
    Originally Posted by Skylersmommy

We have the general horrible science one - love it, I think I like it as much as DS 5.5!!! Can't wait to get more. Are the magazines worth it, aren't different enough from the books?

DeHe

Yes recommend the magazines too, dd has the books too but the magazines she is obsessed with, I think because their colorful and come with goodies, like a heart or the lungs, or a skeleton and at the end of each there's a couple of pages with activities which she loves

N
    N
    Methinks I'll have to get some Horrible Science magazines for ds8 - is the best place the same place you can get the books from ? Can't think of it right now but have it bookmarked somewhere !

purchased the magazines through

http://www.horriblebooks.com/orderinfo.htm

the books I had gotten through e-bay a while ago, I didn't know about this place at the time

U
    U
    We are all Warriors (Erin Hunter) all the time over here right now. Well, and Peanuts.

N
    N
    My reluctant reader has found a book he loves !! It's "The Secret Science Alliance and the Copycat Crook" by Eleanor Davis - this is part of the description on Amazon -
    "Grade 3-7�Julian Calendar, 11, is a supersmart transfer student trying desperately to fit in at his new middle school. Just when he starts to believe that he'll never find his place, he discovers two other brilliant minds and together they form the Secret Science Alliance. These three braniacs create their own book of blueprints for such cunning creations as the stinkometer, sticky and dangerous gluebombs, and the flying Kablovsky Copter.""
    It's a graphic/comic book novel - perfect !! Shame she hasn't written any others like it yet !!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM