Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    1 members (aeh), 251 guests, and 21 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    J
    Jill Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    I just got Math Blasters and Zoombinis. He's pretty excited and they look like a good match so far. Thanks for all of the great ideas.

We also have the Number Devil and have read G is for Google. Right now he is reading Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi. He giggles every time he tells me about the pie party that lasts for Pi days. He found it at the library last week. The author, Cindy Neuschwander, has written a bunch of "math adventure" books. I suspect we will be looking for more of them soon. Math Curse by Jon Scieszka was also a lot of fun.

Jill

PS I looked at the Larson Math online. That looks pretty good. I think I will sign him up for the trial after school ends next week and see how it works.

J
    Jill Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    I found a fun multiplication tables game for my son last week at http://www.bigbrainz.com/

There is a free version and an upgrade/premium version. It's pretty boy-centric. We are using the free version. You wander around in a dungeon answering multiplication facts to defeat the ogre. (I think the upgrade has more environments and more monsters.) Needless to say, he's in video game heaven. smile

Jill

We went to the library last week and checked out The Number Devil and a couple of Sir Cumference books. My daughter loved them. She dove right into The Number Devil and read the first 50 pages at one sitting. She has read both the Sir Cumference books a couple of times. She loves the play on words.

Thanks for the Big Brainz info. I sent it to my nephew who if very good at math but having difficulty memorizing his multiplication tables. He is a big video game fan, so it may be just what he needs.

Summer

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM