Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 152 guests, and 7 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Glad you have another ENTP in the house! (What's your profile? I find that "P" know all about "J"s but it's much harder for "J"s to get inside the heads of "P"s. You don't happen to be a "J"? If so, learning to 'bid your time' and wait for the right moment is going to be a really challenge. But it sounds like you are getting to that point.

If she'll do the math with grumbling, then that's fine. If she won't then is there anything at all that she will sweat over? Maybe a service project that appeals to her sense of justice? Or something that gives her a chance to use her imagination to bring joy to a group? You job is to wait for what excites her, keep exposing her to new areas, allow her to be bored and then catch that next 'train' when it comes through.

It seems like if school isn't a 'good fit,' then at least it isn't a bad fit, and things will change soon enough. I think the main thing to do while you wait is to find as many ways as possible to actually enjoy her.

Love and More Love,
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    J
    jojo Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    Oh Grinity - what a lovely conclusion - "finding as many ways as possible to actually enjoy her". And yes, of course, I'm a 'J' - an INTJ. Thankfully I've got my hb to translate and interpret for me, otherwise I'd be lost with DD!! I'm OK with the I and E differences and have even learned how to deal with the S's in my life. But stuffed if I can work out how to manage Fs!!!! They drive me insane - but that's probably another topic...

Looks like I need to just bide my time and wait for the next train. Nice to know JonLaw that others face the same ho-hum'ness. I'm really hoping that our new music composition/theory tutor (who starts tomorrow) ignites our household with passion and excitement for composing songs.

I must commit to getting more sleep this week and therefore being more patient!

jojo

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM