Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 260 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
    Confession time- I still have my positive result stick from my youngest. What a strange keepsake, huh?

Lorel-I have the positive results from both of my kids. I guess we can be strange together! LOL!

Hope everyone hears something soon!!!

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by crisc
    Every time someone posts on this thread I am hoping that everyone had received their thick envelopes.

Anyone planning on joining me in the March deadline wait?

Heck, at this rate we all may be joining you in the March wait! frown

Kriston
    C
    C
    Well, my vet said that she couldn't promise that she would be able to confirm or deny pregnancy by feeling the cat's belly, so she'd recommend an ultrasound or x-ray. Her basic exam fee is something like $60, and then for imaging costs on top of that, we'd be looking at about $200. Hence the $200 pregnancy test. I'm loathe to even pay the $60 exam fee, so I'm trying to get comfortable with uncertainty. smile

I watched her sleep on her side today, and either her belly was twitching oddly, or I saw some kitten fetal movement!

A friend and I were joking about using a Clear Blue Easy on the cat, too! Too bad they don't make a version that detects cat growth hormone instead of human growth hormone.

Tara

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Does it amuse anyone else how wildly OT this thread gets?

I have to admit, I love it! I don't feel good about doing that to anyone else, but since this was my thread to begin with, I just have to say that I think it's marvelous fun and I'm glad we're doing it! grin

But, then, I have a small streak of the rebel in me...

So thanks to all who have posted ridiculously random things here or followed me as I have. You make me smile! (That goes double for you, czechdrum!)

Kriston
    Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Dottie, you could crash here even without Explore scores! <3

(Oh, and that time, I was mooning you! tee-hee-hee!)

Kriston
    Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    LOL! Apparently the moon is full tonight. Ha!

You know, my kids never leave enough room for me to sit down, and my reply is always that "I need more space for my great big Mommy bottom."

Well, there we go! grin grin grin

Kriston
    Dottie,

Sorry about the extended wait for explore score, that stinks!
    I'm glad you called though, at least you know is won't be coming soon instead of waiting for the mail the next week or so.

I never thought to save my pregnancy test stick, that's kind of cool.
    Ditto for vaccination bandages, I'm lucky I have pictures and some video's of the kiddies!

Maybe if I had a bigger house........ smile

Incog

Originally Posted by Dottie
    I have a friend who saved vaccination Band-aids!

I have a feeling I'll still be here with you Chris, mad .

Since I seem to have an LD in the patience department, I did break down and called ACT just now. Turns out my scores aren't even on their way! This just ruined all hope for tomorrow (6 week mark). According to the person I spoke to, they'd only be mailed OUT "sometime next week". I may not even have them until the following week.

It's a bubble test! What is so hard about scanning even thousands of sheets and mailing them off?

I'm hoping to feed off of everyone else's positive news while I'm (still) waiting!

For EandC and others, this was C-MITES specific news, so there is still hope for you!

Dottie,

Did they give a reason for the delay? Of course I didn't receive our scores either, not sure if the CTD scores are late also...

I am officially stalking our mailman who pretty much threw our mail all over our lawn and I raced for it like a bridesmaid at the bouquet toss, LOL!!! Not really, but I walk a bit faster each day only to find junk mail and bills. So it sounds like I still have hope for tomorrow......

Jen

((Hugs)) to all! I hate to think of you all out there waiting impatiently. I actually feel vaugly guilty that I didn't push DS11 into taking the SAT last time around, and I just put it on my 'to do' list.

Interestingly, he was in a very 'don't try to teach me anything' phase for what seemed like 6 months, which seems to be dissolving - horray! Three cheers for his school and his gradeskip!

Smiles,
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students