Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 309 guests, and 8 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Originally Posted by Grinity
    St. Paul has a great electricity museum!

I think you're talking about the Bakken Museum, on Lake Calhoun in Mpls. You're right, it is fabulous! ok, i used to volunteer there, so i'm a bit biased. wink I've been trying to find a good day to bring DS4 there.

Yes, that's it! DS and I took the bus, and I enjoyed the walk to from the bustop as well.

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    M
    OP Offline
    M
    You all are awesome!!! I am so thrilled to be able to share my stories and get information and advice from people that actually understand what I am going through. Thanks again!!

Originally Posted by Grinity
    DS and I took the bus, and I enjoyed the walk to from the bustop as well.

P.S. Right now my DS's dream in life is to ride a bus, so I think that is going to be one of our upcoming adventures!! We could probably just ride the bus and that would be thrilling enough for him. smile

LOL! When DS6 was 2 and obsessing about cars, a walk through the parking lot was the best part of any trip, so i know what you mean about the bus ride.

Ah, memories of simpler times...:)

Kriston
    M
    OP Offline
    M
    Originally Posted by st pauli girl
    Kimck - our sons should get together and discuss toilets! We have an old-fashioned one, with the tank overhead and a pull cord for flushing, which has always been of great interest to DS4!

Due to the current potty training, my son has now taken a serious liking to the workings of the toilet. He sat in the bathroom the other day for a good 1/2 hour with the top of the toilet flushing it to figure out how it works. Every time he would figure out something new, he would come running out excitedly to tell us. It was precious...

Wonderful! That's funny to call anything related to the toilet "precious!" Only on this site. wink Now, if you can somehow turn this situation into a potty training moment... hmmmm ("every time you use the potty, you may examine how it works!") I remember at potty training time, we talked an awful lot about where everything went down the line. Ah, so glad these are only memories!!

M
    OP Offline
    M
    Originally Posted by st pauli girl
    Now, if you can somehow turn this situation into a potty training moment... hmmmm ("every time you use the potty, you may examine how it works!") I remember at potty training time, we talked an awful lot about where everything went down the line. Ah, so glad these are only memories!!

Luckily, our potty training has been going very well. He said he didn't want to wear diapers anymore 3 weeks ago, so I put him in underwear Saturday morning. The daycare lady (who actually suggested we get serious about this when I told her about the diaper comment) was very leery when he showed up in underwear on Monday morning. In the 3 weeks he has had 4 accidents, 2 of which were while he was napping. We are still putting him on the toilet most of the time, but about 1/3 of the time, he is telling us when he has to go potty. I like your way of thinking though, forget sticker charts, just reward him with taking the top off the toilet!! smile

C
    C
    Hi Mamabird! I have a 2 year old as well (he'll be 3 at the end of July) and stumbled up on this place a couple of weeks ago in much the same manner that you have.

I'm still reading more than posting, but I am learning so much from just perusing the posts and looking at all the experiences the vets here have had. It seems like a really great place.

My son Graham is obsessed with books...words and numbers thrill him. Yesterday, he decided that the phone book was the new cool thing to flip though because of all those glorious numbers!

Anyway, hello from another newbie!

Love the phone book story! laugh

Kriston
    M
    OP Offline
    M
    Welcome on board Catherine!! I would love to hear more about your son. I love hearing stories about other "more than normal" kids that are the same age as my son. I think it helps to hear that you are not living in some strange universe and that, no, it is not normal for a 3 year to think that the phone book is an awesome thing. smile You will love having a place to tell your crazy stories that most people give you the "questioning eyes" for. Welcome, can't wait to hear stories of your smart little cookie!

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM