<insert my opinions here>
ok. �We're still in the rapid acceleration thread, right?

Originally Posted by wren
You say could? �But statiscally, does anyone know what 180 IQ looks like in decimal places? �Maybe there are, maybe there aren't. �You have that kid at Hunter. �He is one in a school for gifted with 200 kids per year and 7th through 12th grade. �They found one in the sample set where most highly gifted kids in a city of 8 million try for spots in 7th grade. �

Ren

I thought iq #s weren't very good at differentiating above and beyond a certain point. �And with everybody getting different tests and everybody's "#" being more of a range , well. �I don't really have a point to make.

Lucounu, did you click on the test at the bottom? �I'm scared. �Not of the results. �I read the page and now I'm scared that if I click the link I'll find and AFV scary webpage where a ghoul jumps on the screen and says "boo", and it's too close to bed time for that. �

Originally Posted by ColinsMum
Even if we had such a case it wouldn't prove that every child with that capability would be well served by the system if the parents didn't act, because any negative cases, where the parents did not act and the child was not well served, are invisible.

That's true. �You're really not going to be able to make a survey or use math to tell you what's the best choice you need to make. �You can't get all your answers from someone else's story. �You individual you. �But you can talk it over with all your close friends and strangers here.

���

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar